anyone with a soup mix for neopan 100 pushed to 400

Edit My Images
No
As the title says. I've got some ro9 some id11 and some ilfosol3.
I had a practice at stand development with the iso mash up in the title out of necessity more than anything and the results were ok but not fantastic. I've checked the massive dev chart and it doesn't give a recipe.
Isn't it a x 2.25 on the development time for two stops?

As the title says. I've got some ro9 some id11 and some ilfosol3.
I had a practice at stand development with the iso mash up in the title out of necessity more than anything and the results were ok but not fantastic. I've checked the massive dev chart and it doesn't give a recipe.
Isn't it a x 2.25 on the development time for two stops?

The 2.25 is correct for normal developer dilutions. However if you are stand developing, you are presumably using a high dilution (say rodinal at 1:100) in which case there may not be enough active developer left to actually continue working past the normal development time.

In theory, but there's no guarantee how satisfactory the results would be - there's a limit to how far films an acceptably be pushed and Acros' reputation seems to rest squarely on being a great iso 100 film.

Filmdev.org has one recipe for pushing acros to 400, but that seems to be for medium format. In that case they probably used at least 500ml of developer solution, if you are developing 35mm film in 250ml of solution, then there may not be enough active developer of that recipe to work.

For Acros at ISO 200 with stock Kodak D-76 (exactly the same as Ilford ID-11), the massive dev chart recommends 10 minutes compared with 7.25 for exposing at 100. From that I would say about 12.5 or so minutes should be sufficient for exposing at ISO 400.

Cheers guys. Gonna give the 1+100 ro9, hour and half recipe a crack.
I've pushed tri x and i know that's good stuff for it and the acros i got was just a tester to see if i liked it at 100iso. Good price too so i don't mind a little experimentation. Im putting together a list of go to combos of film, dev, push/pull recipes for different circumstances that suit me. So far so good. This may be another under the belt and on the list. Many thanks. Will try and get some shots up when i get round to it.

Back