Anyone with an 'Apeman' Trail Camera

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
I've been using my Apeman H55 Trail Camera for a few weeks now, it had been sitting unused on the shelf until 'lockdown'!
It has worked really well and I have been very pleased with it and a few days ago decided to get a couple of 32GB MicroSD card to use with it and keep my existing SD cards for my usual cameras.
However when I insert a MicroSD card into the H55 I cannot get into the menu, when I switch on the 'Test' I get the 'Apeman' logo but then after a few seconds it just goes to a blank black screen and does not respond to any of the menu keys.
The H55 records video onto the MicroSD without any issues, or at least it did last nght on its first use.
Anyone else used an Apeman Trail Camera with a MicroSD card?

I sent and email to Apeman Support but got a reply telling me to read the following advice ... however 'the following advice' was in Chinese!

Last edited:
Though the translation might have idiosyncrasies, try copying and pasting it into Google Translate.....I have used it many times but not with Chinese ;)

PS in case you have come across it before:-

https://www.google.com/search?q=tra...roid-motorola&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Thanks, I thought about a translation option but the Chinese was in the form of an image, came so quickly I'm guessing it was an autoreply ... I replied saying that I didn't read Chinese and got exactly the same reply!

Thanks, I thought about a translation option but the Chinese was in the form of an image, came so quickly I'm guessing it was an autoreply ... I replied saying that I didn't read Chinese and got exactly the same reply!

Was the image a pdf by any chance......if so you can extract text?

I'm intrigue to know why you are using micro SD cards, is there any reason
I use Sandisk 32fb SDs in mine same as the DSLR cameras

I'm intrigue to know why you are using micro SD cards, is there any reason
I use Sandisk 32fb SDs in mine same as the DSLR cameras

Just a cheap option and a means of keeping cards totally seperate ... seemed logical and I didn't envisage any issues.
This particular issue is extremely strange.

Incidentally the MicroSD cards (in adapter) work fine in my D7500.

Last edited:
Just a cheap option and a means of keeping cards totally seperate ... seemed logical and I didn't envisage any issues.
This particular issue is extremely strange.

Weird isn't it, never heard of it before
I paid £12 for my 32gb sandisk cards in tesco

Back