Aperture Users please look in....

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
I am trying to decide whether to have my Aperture Library on a external HD as my internal one is filling up and with all pictures I am taking it be hard to keep them on my Internal one..

What is the best way to do all this?

Vault is used as a backup. But this wont solve my problem if I keep adding pictures my hd on the MBP will Become full then problems will arise. Hence the reason why i am trying to find a better way to do this..

I cant put one in my MBP it need to be sent away to be done and I dont want that...

So what other options do I have???

Good question. I've just bought an external HDD to back photos up to. What are Vaults? Should I use time machine?

vaults are a waste of time as far as i can tell
i used time machine to back up the current library (amongst other things) to an external hard drive

and i store unused projects from the library on other external hardrives just by exporting the project. I normally store 2 copies of each

And after you exported the Project from the library do you delete it from the library aswell?

Also when I want to look at the library again what the best way to view it import it again?

Never though about that to be honest... And if I want to view the Project I have exported what the best way to view it? Can it be veiws without adding to the library again?

Or had it got to be imported again to be able to view the images?

Back