Aperture

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Folks.... I have been using Aperture for a while and love it to bits.... But come to my attention how do I back up all the photos Master and Version.

I am not too sure if I should of gone for a different software that able me to browse my photos easier. But alot of people swear by aperture saying it a very good software and image management.

What shall i do?

Is this the best way to back them up?

At the moment I am downloading them of my camera using Image Capture into a folder and then import them into my aperture after. But I have found that when I delete photos I dont want etc in Aperture they dont get deleted in the Folder I put them in from Image Capture. So what is the really best way of doing this mate

Yep using Digital vault is the best way of backing up, are you using referenced or managed library as this has an impact if I remember rightly... (I will have to check...)

But if I remember correct if you are using referenced library only your versions will be backed up, if you are using managed library masters and versions will be backed up.

I normally only worry about deleting the images out of aperture, I have all my images in my raw library I will most likely have to review this when the drives become maxed out but at the moment I just leave them there.

I have one drive as RAW library, one drive as Managed aperture library, and one drive as digital vault that is backed up every week.

Hope that helps.

How do I know if I have it as referenced or Managed. If you can let me know how it should be and how to find out that be great

Back