Apple iMac - Colour Profiles

Barney12

I like Sailors
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, I am clearly being really dense!

I want to load DSCL Fuji colour profiles onto my iMac. I've tried putting them in:

/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

and in

/Users/Barney/Library/ColorSync/

but they dont show in the displays --> Colour profile list.

What am I doing wrong :crying:

Barney

These are to be used as a printing profile and not a display profile ?

Are you looking for them within Photoshop ??

They are printer profiles, so won't show up under your available screen profiles.

You should find them via Photoshop/Lightroom.

I have them installed and in Lightroom, I print to jpg and then select the colour profile for either lustre or glossy paper.

Barney

I assume you want to soft proof the image, or does DSCL want you to assign the profiles to the image. Either way it's simple. As Elliott has said these are printer profiles and part of the profile heading tells the software what type of profile it is, so a printer profile will not show up as a monitor profile.

OK Soft proofing in Photoshop. Simply go to View >Proof Set Up> Custom. You should now see your DSCL profiles. Select the one you want and you'll see the image with that profile applied.

If however you need to assign the profile go to Edit > Assign Profile.You also have the option to Convert to Profile here.

You need to check with DSCL what they want you to do with the profile and the image

Thanks guys thats where I started but couldn't see the profiles in Photoshop either (I've restarted PS after putting the profiles in the folders) so then googled and found a forum post that said PS now uses the screen profiles by default so I wandered down that (dead end) path.

So asking the question from another way round.....

Where should I be putting these profiles so photoshop can see them?

Barney (feeling slightly more dense by the minute :))

I went though this at the weekend and i am waiting on my first batch of "profiled" prints.

I worked on them in LR then edited in CS5 then did an Edit > Assign Profile then save as JPEG for sending off to the printer..... Was quite easy but i have not seen the prints so that may be a load of tosh...!!!

Fingers crossed..!

On a side note.
I sent off a batch of photos and some of my A3 images I send with the DSCL profile and also in sRGB profile. (Double prints)

No Difference at all. I'll still send my images with DSCL profiles, but I wouldn't concern yourself with it to much, sRGB works perfectly.

Thanks guys thats where I started but couldn't see the profiles in Photoshop either (I've restarted PS after putting the profiles in the folders) so then googled and found a forum post that said PS now uses the screen profiles by default so I wandered down that (dead end) path.

So asking the question from another way round.....

Where should I be putting these profiles so photoshop can see them?

Barney (feeling slightly more dense by the minute :))

Found my own aswer with a bit more Googling :)

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/321/321382.html

Back