Apple Magic Mouse?

Name
Eric
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone got one of these yet?
I had a quick search but did not see anyone with one.

Xmas present me thinks from the wife!

I have one, love it! feels so much better to use and with the multitouch its A class!

I never use expose, but I hear a lot of people who do moaning as there is no 'squeeze' capability on the mouse so no expose.

I had the Mighty mouse (not magic) and quickly ditched it for a Logitech MX Revolution, which is by far the best mouse I've ever used.

The mighty mouse gave me hand cramps after prolonged use, I have big hands and use the computer all day (web developer) so that may have had something to do with it. There's no fitting to your grip or hand at all.

Perhaps try before you buy?

I had the last generation magic mouse and quickly ditched it for a Logitech MX Revolution, which is by far the best mouse I've ever used.

The magic mouse gave me hand cramps after prolonged use, I have big hands and use the computer all day (web developer) so that may have had something to do with it. There's no fitting to your grip or hand at all, and it goes purely on design. I also found the scroll 'ball' to be annoying and it didn't work too well.

I think you are referring to the Mighty Mouse. The Magic Mouse has only just been released and not many have got their hands on one yet.

I've tried it out at my local Apple reseller and I want one. It was a little smaller than I expected but the scrolling was just wonderful to use. They're currently on 5-7 day delivery at the moment.

I think you are referring to the Mighty Mouse. The Magic Mouse has only just been released and not many have got their hands on one yet..

Err, you're right :bonk: thanks. Got slightly confused but my point was the ergonomic design of it (mighty and magic) is almost non existent which I imagine will cause others problems as it did with me.

Err, you're right :bonk: thanks. Got slightly confused but my point was the ergonomic design of it (mighty and magic) is almost non existent which I imagine will cause others problems as it did with me.

the magic mouse fits to the curve of my hand perfectly (lower palm) I find it the most comfy mouse I have used. I would say its pretty good ergonomically. As you stated you have "big hands" this may be why you said that but for 'average hands' its pretty sweet!

glad to have binned the string of mighty mice for the magic best £45 ever spent! (discount from store got it from) :)(y)

the magic mouse fits to the curve of my hand perfectly (lower palm) I find it the most comfy mouse I have used. I would say its pretty good ergonomically. As you stated you have "big hands" this may be why you said that but for 'average hands' its pretty sweet!

It will be amplified by my bigger hands, but look at the image at the bottom:
http://www.apple.com/uk/magicmouse/

Compared to, for example the MX Revolution:
http://the-gadgeteer.com/asset_cache/l/lo/logitech-mx-revolution9.jpg

That speaks volumes for me personally.

Mice have not been Apple's strongest suits over the years. Anyone remember the pebble mouse that came with the old CRT iMacs? Nasty!

I use a Wacom tablet with its own mouse. Had it for years.

Seems a backward step for Apple to produce a mouse that requires batteries to me.

I might have to have a look at one of these as my corded mighty mouse is turning into a might piece of crud due to the little scroll tit thingy deciding to work in one direction only.

I might have to have a look at one of these as my corded mighty mouse is turning into a might piece of crud due to the little scroll tit thingy deciding to work in one direction only.

Have you tried the "turn it upside down, and rub the little bug*er to death," method? Usually clears it...(for a while!) :)

I'm going to check out a Magic mouse too - never found the mighty mouse very comfy personally. :|

Mice have not been Apple's strongest suits over the years. Anyone remember the pebble mouse that came with the old CRT iMacs? Nasty!

I use a Wacom tablet with its own mouse. Had it for years.

Seems a backward step for Apple to produce a mouse that requires batteries to me.

Don't all wireless mice use batteries?

the new mouse is fantastic, i spent a little while drooling over it last friday, a fantastic tool, the mighty mouse is a massive fail for me, nasty mouse.

Mighty mouse is pretty easy to strip and clean - once you've done it once it is a 2 minute job.

Still going to get a Magic next time I pass an Apple store though.....

The magic mouse needs to be a lot more customizable , I NEED middle button for use with Firefox,for example.

As this mouse is full of sensor I see no reason why apple have released software to let a user set it up as they wish.

I got the magic mouse with my new imac along with a titchy keyboard, after using Logitech keyboards and mice for years mainly for gaming my initial thoughts were that they too small, but once you get used to them they are quite nice to use.
Good bits: Although quite small for my meat pie hands it does have a bit of weight to it so it does feel substantial in my hand, the love the touch sensitive scroll and swipe very smooth and positive so there's no annoying ratchet noise and jerky scrolling like you get from a mouse wheel, never been a fan with cordless mice but the magic mouse has bluetooth connectivity and is responsive and accurate the pointer is exactly where it should be all the time.
Bad bits: As whiteflyer stated its not customizable it would have been nice to be able to put some of the functions to other uses. the sliders, runners or whatever you call them on the bottom are not very smooth, it feels like your running the mouse over sandpaper all the time I've tried a couple of mouse mats and different surfaces, my table has a leather top even that didn't help.
I still keep my Logitech mx518 plugged in, when I,m on Snow Leopard I use the magic mouse when I switch over to windows I use the Logitech.

Hope this helps
Wayne

A 50/50 result today

Got told to clean my mouse and that will restore the track balls performance, that seems to have worked .........WIN

Tried to buy a fancy magic mouse......last one sold 5 mins before I got there......FAIL

Back from the caravan! Thanks for all the replies. I will ponder over to the Trafford Centre this week and hopefully pick one up!

That's good to hear, as I've decided to get a tablet rather than getting a magic mouse.

I had the Mighty mouse (not magic) and quickly ditched it for a Logitech MX Revolution, which is by far the best mouse I've ever used.

The mighty mouse gave me hand cramps after prolonged use, I have big hands and use the computer all day (web developer) so that may have had something to do with it. There's no fitting to your grip or hand at all.

I did exactly the same thing. When it comes to mouse design Apple are at the bottom of the pile. Proof that having a nice looking device doesn't mean great usability. I hated the Mighty Mouse. In fact there isn't a single one in active use at work any more.

To be honest I'd be surprised if this new mouse is an improvement. Apple has a pretty **** track record with those. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

I tried it in the Apple Store, the damn thing almost gave me RSI in the 10 mins i was using it. It's to do mostly with the 2 finger swipe, it does not work. As I end up moving the mouse too when i do it and its not a natural gesture for the fingers to do.

£55? no thanks.

Back