Apple Watch - Suprising reviews....

Well, I've had mine on since 8.00 this morning (about 13 hours) and here is my battery meter:

awbat.JPG

I think it'll be fine for me! :)

Sorry but that a) didn't answer the question and b) could either fantastic or still absolutely crap depending on what you've been up to....A bit of context would be appreciated and welcomed...

Sorry but that a) didn't answer the question and b) could either fantastic or still absolutely crap depending on what you've been up to....A bit of context would be appreciated and welcomed...

My apologies, I wasn't attempting to answer your question but was simply posting my experience of last night's battery life for anyone who is interested in a 'normal' day to day use of the device

But since you ask...
> So if the battery last the day. But critical at the end of the day. How will it record the sleep patterns etc?
I've no idea!

> Or is it just being used as a watch?
I use it primarily to tell the time, which it does remarkably well... but some of the other apps/functions are pretty cool too.

> And what about battery life when doing intense training and running and the Bluetooth keeps streaming info with your iphone? Is that noticeable?
Not a clue.... if I ever feel the need to check the battery life while using the watch to monitor intense training I'll let you know!

My apologies, I wasn't attempting to answer your question but was simply posting my experience of last night's battery life for anyone who is interested in a 'normal' day to day use of the device

But since you ask...
> So if the battery last the day. But critical at the end of the day. How will it record the sleep patterns etc?
I've no idea!

> Or is it just being used as a watch?
I use it primarily to tell the time, which it does remarkably well... but some of the other apps/functions are pretty cool too.

> And what about battery life when doing intense training and running and the Bluetooth keeps streaming info with your iphone? Is that noticeable?
Not a clue.... if I ever feel the need to check the battery life while using the watch to monitor intense training I'll let you know!
Thanks appreciate that....What I get from that is that you don't use it with exercise, nor with recording rest, basically just to tell time...In that case surely a 28% battery drop in a single day when the device barely gets used is humongous....hmmm I so want one but can't help but think I'll get disappointed very quickly...

Interesting review of Android Wear 5.1
http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...r-5-1-watch-review-simple-useful-best-for-now

For those interested in comparisons between apple and android offerings, some commonalities of ideas?
Interesting to read it can connect over wifi to the phone
Whilst I like the look of the UI, the device is even more ugly than a Microsoft band...And what is with the wrist shaking feature? Really makes you look like a w****r....Damn can you imagine you are in a meeting and you sneakly want to check you notification under the table...Oh thinking about that alone is a sackable offense...

Rather than start a new thread, thought I would add to this one.

I've been looking at smart watches since I saw pebble watches.

The apple watch is OTT with shocking battery life.

My main use for the watch was to see alerts coming in and to see who was calling.

Pebble does all of this so I finally took the plunge at the beginning of June.

I am loving it, not added much to it just some retro watch faces. Battery lasts a week, easy to charge (magnetic).

It is great, txts, calls, Facebook and emails come up. I also can control my music playing on my phone.

So unless you want to talk to your watch etc. get the pebble

I use a pebble and it works well with ios no need for a iwatch.

I'm about to get a pebble time. Do you think the apps on Ios work well enough on the pebble? Also got a olympus em-5, does any body do a app that can remote the em-5?

I got one of the sony watches cheaply think its the rev2 "smart watch"
Its ok, battery lasts a day, shows texts, emails Facetube etc. But found myself quite bored of it. its does not really "add" anything other then the odd vibration on my arm.

I'm about to get a pebble time. Do you think the apps on Ios work well enough on the pebble? Also got a olympus em-5, does any body do a app that can remote the em-5?

Only notifications really, but thats all I want, and use it to skip music or read data from Runkeeper.

The only app I use on iOS is Smartwatch Pro which gives me the next events on the watch.

Only notifications really, but thats all I want, and use it to skip music or read data from Runkeeper.

That about all I want. Whats the best app for just measuring walking about, just so I know if I need to keep a bit fitter. Also can you control spotify? Thx

Back