AppleCare with iPhone

lawrenceots

Banned : Trading/Abuse of Classifieds
Suspended / Banned
Name
Lawrence
Edit My Images
Yes
My iPhone 4S had a dodgy screen and was still a few days within warranty, so I called up Apple and they sent out a replacement. I didn't have the full 2 year apple care plan, but was intending to buy it, and was under the impression that when your iPhone is replaced under AppleCare, you get either the reminder of the warranty onto the replacement device, or an extra 90 days - whichever is longer. But.. it seemed not for mine? Its shows as out of warranty on the support site, and Apple told me to get in touch with the service provider.. not really solving my issue, since I wanted to get applecare to extend it now for a year, but they won't let me!
Anyone know if its changed or something? I know last time I went to an apple store with a problem back in July last year, this is how it operated...

I thought AppleCare could only be purchased within a specified time from purchase, such as 30 days?

checking the warranty status online for my imac it shows i can order the extended warranty anytime during the 1 year warranty. i would imagine this is the same for all devices and you can only extend the warranty whilst the standard warranty is in force.

Back