APS-C Camera with flip up screen??

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi.. Still looking for a camera for street photography and have decide that the M43 sensor might be a bit small... I would prefer the APS-C size. I appreciate that the budget will differ but can anyone recommend a suitable APSC camera with flip up screen? Not too fussed on which manufacturer but the flip up lens is absolutely essential - I want to avoid raising the camera to eye level. Zoom lens not essential but if a fixed lens, it would need to be equivalent the equivalent of 28mm in 35mm terms.

As always, grateful for suggestions/advice

Rob

Without knowing what your budget is it's hard to be specific but a Sony NEX5 has a flip up screen (I used mine with Olympus OM lenses) and can be picked up for around £150. Alternatively, the newer A6000/A5100/A5000 all have 90 degree flip up screens and APS-C sensors too.

For a lens, to get around 28mm FF equivalent, your cheapest option will be the Sigma 19mm (around £100 used).

Last edited:
The baby Fuji X-30 also has a flip up screen and delivers very good results. Has the required width as well. NOT an APS-C sized sensor, although in real life, I'm not sure that's too important these days.

Sony Nex/A6xxx, Fuji XT1, XT10.

Sony A-mount APS-C cameras too, all flip up and down screens, with the more expensive having fully articulated screens.

If you're happy with no new cameras as the system is dead how about a Samsung nx the 30mm pancake is awesome and cheap as chips so you won't worry about it on the street.

Last edited:
Yes...apologies... Didn't really make myself clear... Should have said that I would like to spend less than £300 so that's the max budget..... Xmas is coming so this is going to be my present to myself. I plan to print to A4 size or perhaps 10 x 12 inches so think APSC will give a better print quality than M43. Happy to buy a used camera and not too concerned about which manufacturer it is but I want a wide angle ( let's say approx 28mm equivalent) lens so either a prime or zoom would be OK.

My own research suggests the Fuji x-m1 might be suitable but not sure if it can be done within budget, alternatively perhaps the Sony Alpha 5000? Pleased to hear any suggestions.

Rob

Last edited:
Probably could get both the 20 an 30 pancake and a body for £300 if you go Samsung nx.

Last edited:
for those print sizes and bigger dont discount M4/3 they are more than capable.

Back