arachnophobia

Love that first one! A brilliant angle which makes the spider look very impressive. Focus has overshot a little, it seems to have hit the second leg on the left. Ideally you always want to aim for the eyes, but this can be easier said than done. Best to take lots of images where possible and try slight adjustments to focus so you can pick the best one when you come to review them up close.

Love that first one! A brilliant angle which makes the spider look very impressive. Focus has overshot a little, it seems to have hit the second leg on the left. Ideally you always want to aim for the eyes, but this can be easier said than done. Best to take lots of images where possible and try slight adjustments to focus so you can pick the best one when you come to review them up close.

Many thanks. I tried many times but it was such a small moving subject it was really difficult to to know if I was nailing the focus on the eyes or not. It was also the day the lens had arrived, so my first attempt at proper macro.

Poses and composition is great on both, lighting is a bit harsh and the slight oof miss is a shame. But as this is first attempt with lens then valiant effort.

I do highly recommend you check out Tim's >>> Flickr <<<. Focusing will get easier over time but bare in mind this is a large subject to a lot of us Macro shooters and I'm sure you will say the same once you really get into it.

What lens and kit are you using? Did you use flash or is this ambient lit?

Poses and composition is great on both, lighting is a bit harsh and the slight oof miss is a shame. But as this is first attempt with lens then valiant effort.

I do highly recommend you check out Tim's >>> Flickr <<<. Focusing will get easier over time but bare in mind this is a large subject to a lot of us Macro shooters and I'm sure you will say the same once you really get into it.

What lens and kit are you using? Did you use flash or is this ambient lit?

Many thanks. This was with the d610 and the sigma 150 os With the 1.4 tc attached. The lens was sent back as it was faulty and I've since bought the 105 sigma as it's a bit more portable. Also upgraded to a d810 too.

Nice.... what a combo thats gonna be look forward to more from you. :D

Might be worth posting these bits in the Macro section rather than wild and free, will get more response from the macro brethren.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/photos-macro-and-close-up.50/

Yes imate not sure why I posted here and not in macro!
Yes I have invested in some lovely kit and intend on getting plenty of use from it.
saying that, the d610 was lovely to use. Am tempted to get another copy as a 2nd body now the price is falling

Many thanks. I tried many times but it was such a small moving subject it was really difficult to to know if I was nailing the focus on the eyes or not. It was also the day the lens had arrived, so my first attempt at proper macro.

I think you've done as well as possible without photo stacking. You've hit the head / palps. Of course the focus is on leg 2 because leg 1 is way in front of the head, leg 2 is in the same plane as the head. If you had focused on the front legs everything else would be out of focus. For a first attempt I think this is outstanding.

Very nice pose in both shots (y) cant wait to see loads more from you in the very near future.

Very nice pose in both shots (y) cant wait to see loads more from you in the very near future.

Thank you. Have been out in the garden this week sowing seeds to try and attract some butterflys. Fingers crossed For the summer!

Back