Arbroath Pageant Society - 9 images

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Correction...7 images!
Booked a day off work last Thursday to be their 'official' photographer.
Harsh sunlight and shadow and a bit of a headache to process, but got 119 keepers!

Here is a small sample...

IMG_9487.jpg

IMG_9656.jpg

IMG_9653.jpg

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_9620.jpg

IMG_9582.jpg

IMG_9495.jpg

Great work. The colours are vivid and the compositons strong. Whats under the flag? An Arbroath smokey? ;)

Well done - I bet they will be pleased. It is always a bit daunting as what appeals to you does not always match the "flat record" of the day they expect.

You have captured the event as well as producing "interesting" images nicely composed and exposed. Warspite - watch out else he will be riding shotgun!

Keltic Ice Man said:
I like these Bachs. Did you use fill in flash for most of them as I suspect the shadows were quite strong.

Have you approached the local paper with these?

TFS
Allan

Ridiculous schoolboy error...the Mrs had me running round like a blue @rsed fly right up to the time and I didn't buy back up batteries for the flash. They ran flat when I need them the most :banghead:

There was an email waiting for me when I got home tonight...they are delighted with them!

They will be used in all their promotional material, press releases and official website.

The 3 press guys who I worked alongside were p!ssed off with the lighting, bright sunlight and harsh shadow all in one shot.

I had to do some serious lifting and struggled controlling the noise.

It was the first road test for the Tamron 28-200 which proved to be a great range for this sort of event.

Forbiddenbiker said:
I'm not sure what that strange background halo effect is... looks a bit odd I think.

I artificially blurred the background. The quickmask I used created a halo effect, I think because I feathered the selection too much :doh:

Bachs said:
I artificially blurred the background. The quickmask I used created a halo effect, I think because I feathered the selection too much :doh:

Yep. Easy done though.

Back