Arca style plate to fit a Manfrotto ball head for siggy 150-600

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking to get a arca style plate for my Sigma 160-600 Contemporary to fit onto a Manfrotto ball head (MH494-BH)
I want to put the plate onto the lens collar foot, which is rather small to say the least, why don't Sigma give you a decent foot :(

anyone got one that they can recommend ??? there are loads on Amazon but I'm unsure if they will work with my ball head as the sellers do not specifically state which ball head the plate will fit.

Oh and I don't want to pay stupid money for what is essentially a piece of machine metal.

Image attached for the ball head mount.
IMG_0251.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the original plate is the 200PL:

Manfrotto uses the RC2 system, which is not compatible with arca swiss.

There's a few things you can do, first you can get a conversion clamp:

Then use any 'arca swiss' plate from amazon

Or use an RC2 plate (the aforementioned 200PL) on the lens and use the quick release mechanism as designed

yes that is the plate 200PL
what confuses me is that it states Arca Swiss compatible, so I thought you could just be a new plate and stick it on the lens foot.... seems not.

When in your position I opted to buy an Arca Swiss mount for my Manfrotto ball head from eBay, then buy an Arca Swiss plate for my telephoto - Ie remove the Manfrotto mount from the ball head and replace it
Be careful to ensure that the Arca Swiss mount is specified for Manfrotto heads as the coupling to the head is nonstandard

that top looks just the ticket,
When in your position I opted to buy an Arca Swiss mount for my Manfrotto ball head from eBay, then buy an Arca Swiss plate for my telephoto - Ie remove the Manfrotto mount from the ball head and replace it
Be careful to ensure that the Arca Swiss mount is specified for Manfrotto heads as the coupling to the head is nonstandard
don't suppose you can remember who you got it from

is it one of these LINKY ?

Last edited:
yes that is the plate 200PL
what confuses me is that it states Arca Swiss compatible, so I thought you could just be a new plate and stick it on the lens foot.... seems not.
It confused me too.

The plate is arcaswiss compatible, not the head.

I’d replace the top clamp as mentioned above.

You can take any generic Arca Swiss clamp and mount it to the original 200PL plate for the same result/effect.
I want to put the plate onto the lens collar foot, which is rather small to say the least, why don't Sigma give you a decent foot :(
I think you will be better off getting a replacement collar with integrated arca swiss compatible foot.

Back