Arcade Madness

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
No
A couple of weeks ago, I spent a week up in the North West whilst visiting my dad who is in hospital, and looking after my disabled mum. I wanted to keep my mind occupied as there was a lot going on, so decided to put out a casting for for a model for an idea i'd wanted to try for a while. I had a response from Beckie and we sorted the ideas and arranged the shoot.

We had a blast wandering round taking the shots, and I am fairly happy that the overall results turned out as well, if not better than expected.

I thought i'd share some of the results.

Thanks for looking, and feel free to comment or give feedback.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I really like them. Loads of colour and you've really nailed focus and exposure. Your location choice works really well and you've studiously avoided your reflection in the shades. Perhaps the lights in 2 & 3 are a bit overbearing, but that's just my opinion.

It would have been nice to see some eye contact - esp an over the glasses look maybe?, and the expressions are all very similar (which could be by design?). With the location and model it would have been nice to see some happiness/smiling but if that's the opposite of what you were going for, then that's ok. The moody 'magazine cover' look is what I'm getting from the series and they work fine for that.

Thanks for sharing!

I really like them. Loads of colour and you've really nailed focus and exposure. Your location choice works really well and you've studiously avoided your reflection in the shades. Perhaps the lights in 2 & 3 are a bit overbearing, but that's just my opinion.

It would have been nice to see some eye contact - esp an over the glasses look maybe?, and the expressions are all very similar (which could be by design?). With the location and model it would have been nice to see some happiness/smiling but if that's the opposite of what you were going for, then that's ok. The moody 'magazine cover' look is what I'm getting from the series and they work fine for that.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the feedback. It's always nice to get detailed honest crit. Shots 2 & 3 were an experiement with circular crystal prism. No real science to it, just a case of moving it till you get a cool look (it was also dangled from a thin piece of thread to avoid fingers in the shot, and with a breeze coming through the door you can only imagine how much fun that made trying to keep the thing still haha).

There are more images from the set with some smiling etc, but none with eye contact over the shades (really don't know why I didn't think of that at the time as it makes perfect sense). All in all I'm fairly happy I achieve the general look and feel I was going for, so thanks again for the feedback :)

I've never seen an arcade shoot before and I think these photos are really good. As someone has already said, the focus and exposure are spot on.

My favourite is No 3

Great set. The abstract look with the reflected lights in #2 and 3 is excellent, but #4 is my fave.

Enjoyed that set a lot. As others have said the colours are fab. Have you got any without the sunglasses, some eye contact would have been interesting to see

Enjoyed that set a lot. As others have said the colours are fab. Have you got any without the sunglasses, some eye contact would have been interesting to see

I haven't no. It was a fairly quick shoot that was meant as a bit of a tester session as it was something I hadn't tried before. It worked out better than I expected for a first go, and is something i'm going to extend upon, so will deffo try some without glasses next time.

Back