Arches

Edit My Images
Yes
hi
this is straight from the camera, no saturation or anything. Arches near the Bridge of sighs, Cambridge.
PLEASE feel free to MONO it should you wish:whistle2:
arches.jpg

thanks

POtentially a really nice shot. The bright band of sunshine seems out of place somehow though, can't explain it.

I'm not sure its the sunlight that's really bugging you... I had a play and think this came out slightly better:

arches.jpg

Problem for me was that the right hand side of all the arches was lower down than the left hand side, making the whole thing feel a bit wonky even though the verticals were straight.

yeah its the angle, the shot is very good though, and in mono im sure it will be very cool indeed

it actually looks darker on this site than the original i have, and the light of the inner wall looks artificially orange, but i can assure you nothing has been done it.

For once I reckon it looks better in colour than B&W ;)

Fabulous shot Boon - agree with Dave - B & W would not do it justice !

If you crop the sun strip out it looks even better too - give it a shot ?

Like this one ... a lot !

Venomator said:
Fabulous shot Boon - agree with Dave - B & W would not do it justice !

If you crop the sun strip out it looks even better too - give it a shot ?

Like this one ... a lot !

hi
took advice, re-cropped, but i did a shadow/highlight on it to eliminate the bright orange look, what does anyone think now.
arches3.jpg

It looks......'Mediterranean'. If that makes sense.

Think Greece, or Tunisia, or something like that :)

Boon said:
hi
took advice, re-cropped, but i did a shadow/highlight on it to eliminate the bright orange look, what does anyone think now.

Hi Boon - was only really my thoughts rather than advice ... far be it from me as it is your pic and you have to do it your way !

However, I think you misunderstood slightly - what I think looks really good is if you crop out the bottom of the picture above the line of the sunshine - imho of course ! Sort of gives it a symmetry ?

Still a great shot anyhow but I think I prefer the tones of your original ?

Back