Ardersier Beach - Scottish Highlands

very very nice - particularly like the colours of the first one (and thats on the crappy monitor at work!)

Thanks guys - I was really lucky to find the shells lying as they were lol ;)

The first one has nice light but watch out for the halo's around the tops of the wood.

The second one is a bit too blue. I would maybe change the white balance to lessen the blue and crop the sky a bit to make it more of a pano crop as the sky isn't adding anything to the image.

Nice couple of shots Michael.

Number 2 for for me. Lovely clarity in the water and you've captured the feel of the place with its big wide skies

Superb shots, especially the first one. The soft golden light on the old timbers is fabulous.
I agree with the others about a wee crop on the second but it's still a cracker. Must have a nose aboot Ardersier the next time I'm up that way!

Thanks for all your feedback folks.

As noted in the original post, this is the first time I've used grad filters so I've still got a bit to learn.

I was concentrating on getting the horizon off centre whilst positioning the posts in a composition I thought looked good. I quite liked the plain blue skies so I suppose it's all about opinions.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Lovely! Like both equally! Did you put the shells there?

I'll have to own up to putting the shells there. I tried a few angles until I got the comp I wanted but felt it still needed something so placed a few shells in the foreground :)

Nothing wrong with doing that! :)

The first shell curves away from the camera which pulls you in and along the beach I think so well done on the placement!

I prefer no1 nice star burst on the sun and plenty of texture on the wood, and of course the shells :) Think you may have overdone the pp on the sky though, the halos round the top of the wood is slightly unsightly.

Steve

I prefer no1 nice star burst on the sun and plenty of texture on the wood, and of course the shells :) Think you may have overdone the pp on the sky though, the halos round the top of the wood is slightly unsightly.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I only noticed this when an earlier poster pointed it out. There is a little halo down to me trying to brighten the posts a little but the effect seems to have compounded when uploading to flickr. Might just be me but the original doesn't look as bad.

Thanks again for your comments.

Two great shots but my favourite is No2.

Back