Are EF lenses ok with newer Canon bodies ?

Edit My Images
Yes
I know I ought to be able to search for answers, but my internet is very dodgy again - it has taken me several hours to get this far...
So, my question is this - a friend has some old EF lenses and a dead Canon 1000F body. Can he buy any Canon digital body and use the lenses without problems, or will he loose auto-focus or metering etc ?
Thanks for any help, and apologies - I have been offline all day, and tried to connect at noon - it is now 8.06pm here, and I have only just got online, but it takes ages to do anything..!

some of the old EF lenses are gems - 50mm and 135mm primes for example (y)

Shouldn't be any problems at all, as long as some lenses aren't EF-S and plans to buy a full frame body. EF lenses should work on any Canon digital body..

I've got an old 28-105 that I had on my old EOS 50e Still works OK on my 5D ( bit soft compared to the 24-105)

Steve,

If they're Canon's own lenses then they'll be fine....if there are EF mount Sigma or Tamrons in there, there may be some problems.

Bob

Many thanks all for the help - I wasn't sure if some of the older lenses would work, and wasn't too keen to try one out on my camera without checking ! Just back online, and it is still very flakey - also, we have had two power cuts already this morning, so things are not looking good for today - however, the sun is shining, and I am in my shorts (calm down girls) so it can't be too bad..

Back