Are flickr and yahoo broken or is it me??

Is yahoo/flickr broken?

• Yes, it's bosted for me

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No, it's just you.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Suz
Edit My Images
Yes
I can't use Flickr with Firefox on the mac. It just sits there and doesn't load. If I try opera it says some rubbish about it not being a supported browser. It doesn't work in safari either! It did load a bit this morning but I need to go into settings and change away from the yahoo email address as I'm fed up of yahoo mail not working.

Yahoo mail doesn't work either now. None of the links work so I can't read any emails or try and use the basic email service. Both flickr and yahoo mail have the same issue with trying to load content from s.yimg server or some such and it just sits there and sits there and sits there. Tried safari and it's just a blank page after logging in. It's just ridiculous. They both basically stopped working over the weekend I think.

I've had a couple of issues with FF with links just not working at all.

I'm on a paid flickr pro sub so I shouldn't be locked out.

It's half up and down at the moment. I managed to get into account settings finally. Yahoo mail is still weird. Stats don't work in FF but sort of sometimes do in safari. It's a right dog's breakfast.

I wonder if it is ISP related? VM managed to do mega cock ups with transparent cacheing so I wonder if they're trying that again? Or the toasters are rebelling again...

I'm on VM here in the office and the flickr homepage loads up fine. Opera on Windows 10.

So it seems it might just be broken on Macs maybe?

VM is Virgin Media.

Type in the url and enter, then press the X and it will load. No idea why this works but it does for me. You can then upload pics, view photostream etc. I resorted to using Opera for a while for Flickr.

Same Firefox/Yahoo issues here, seems to be something to do with the dodgy re-direct (s.yimg.com). Even when i google Flickr it cuts in. Tried and failed to get rid of it.

s.yimg.com is a browser add-on by Yahoo, therefore affecting Flickr & Yahoo.

No problems here, Windoze 7 and Opera.

Broken with Firefox and works on Chrome if I disable the no script app.....

Seems ok for me now compared to how it was. I've uploaded photos and they display so that's great.

Type in the url and enter, then press the X and it will load. No idea why this works but it does for me. You can then upload pics, view photostream etc. I resorted to using Opera for a while for Flickr.
cheers M8,it worked

I've had problems for the last couple of days since a new update to Firefox,there's a big thread about this on the Flickr help forum,Flickr are tying to fix it apparently,in the meanwhile I'm using Edge instead,works OK on that.

It seems to be more mac. Others are using Windows and it's fine.

Windows 10 VM and firefox, cant even see my home page, works with Opera tho.

Last edited:
My yahoo login used to be yahoo.co.uk. When I found I couldn't access Flickr with a new Windows 10 and Firefox because the yahoo login didn't work, just hung up doing nothing, I discovered that without telling me they'd changed my login to yahoo.com. With that change everything worked fine.

Strangely enough mine seems to work again, the power of the TP forum strikes :jaffa:

Back