Are Pixmania ok?

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Anyone had any issues with them? In my search to find anyone at all who has the Sigma 10-20 and a decent returns policy i found them. They seem pretty ok.

I used them a few times when I couldn't find stuff in the UK. Their site showed the items were in stock but in each case (4 times) once I'd paid I got an email from them telling me they were out of stock, and it took ages for them to refund my card. Their customer services ladies sound good though!

EDIT: I've just seen Pixmania's price :shock: £402!! That's over £100 more than some UK suppliers, and £80 more than most.

This site looks promising...

http://www.camerabox.co.uk/productD...-10-20mm-f4-5.6-EX-DC-HSM-Lens&ProductID=1262

I used pixmania for my compact, and when friends wanted one too i searched again and found pixmania to be consistently competitve.

Quick delivery too.

However I have not had to send anything back.. :D

Pete, warehouse express £329.99 and walters photo video £339.99 are both uk based and by all accounts have good returns policies. Even Jessops have it for £369 so I can't see the benefit of buying one for £409 from france.

For myself once the christmas bonus comes in ;) I will be shopping at onestop.

/edit actually Camerabox look good too...

Pete,
A mate of mine is having sheds loads of trouble with this lot over a refund, as I type this reply he's on the phone talking to them now and it don't sound at all good so if I were you I'd stear well clear of them if I were you.

ordered a DX7590 off pixmania over the net using my switch card-no problem ,got a confirmation Email saying everything was correct and the camera was being sent next day.............

Then a few minutes later got another Email saying the camera wouldn't be sent until I satisfied their security conditions-they wanted proof of credit card ownership,a driving license or passport and recent utility bills etc and if the delivery address was different to mine(it was) the same proof from whoever was to take delivery.....I told them I didn't have a scanner so how would I send the proof?...

They told me to post all the relevant documents then when they were satisfied they would post them back!!..They expected me to send practically my whole identity(and the person who was going to sign for the delivery) thru the post to be viewed by persons unknown by me but wouldn't send me the camera they had already debitted my bank account for!...F****** nerve!!...

The only good thing I would say about them was, when over the phone I told them to stick the camera where the sun doesn't shine,they put the money straight back in my account(I checked a few minutes later )..

mal said:
ordered a DX7590 off pixmania over the net using my switch card-no problem ,got a confirmation Email saying everything was correct and the camera was being sent next day.............

Then a few minutes later got another Email saying the camera wouldn't be sent until I satisfied their security conditions-they wanted proof of credit card ownership,a driving license or passport and recent utility bills etc and if the delivery address was different to mine(it was) the same proof from whoever was to take delivery.....I told them I didn't have a scanner so how would I send the proof?...

They told me to post all the relevant documents then when they were satisfied they would post them back!!..They expected me to send practically my whole identity(and the person who was going to sign for the delivery) thru the post to be viewed by persons unknown by me but wouldn't send me the camera they had already debitted my bank account for!...F****** nerve!!...

The only good thing I would say about them was, when over the phone I told them to stick the camera where the sun doesn't shine,they put the money straight back in my account(I checked a few minutes later )..

good man Mal..firm and decisive action!

Didn't this thread feature in Night of the Living Dead? :shake:

Pixmania are the French arm of DSG (Dixons, Currys etc), but all goods are shipped from France and need to be returned there for any warranty work....

I opened this and read. I thought, hang on Pete, you want a 10-20mm? But everyone knows they are not compatible with a 5D. Then I looked at the prices :eek: and was kicking myself for selling mine, had I kept hold of it ... :LOL:

Kerioak, come and see me after school :nono:!

Didn't this thread feature in Night of the Living Dead? :shake:

Pixmania are the French arm of DSG (Dixons, Currys etc), but all goods are shipped from France and need to be returned there for any warranty work....

Thanks for the info mate :)

Was thinking of buying a 2nd gen ipod touch from them, but not worth the £10 saving if that's the case.

Cheers :)

this is a major thread revive its was originally posted in 2005

my only experience of them is a work colleague who bought a camcorder, when it turned up it was not an english product - no english manual and no 3 pin lead, when he rang them they said contact the manufacturer! The box it came in was sealed and all the packaging hadn't been opened, so it wasnt just a missing manual.

I used them a few times when I couldn't find stuff in the UK. Their site showed the items were in stock but in each case (4 times) once I'd paid I got an email from them telling me they were out of stock, and it took ages for them to refund my card. Their customer services ladies sound good though!

EDIT: I've just seen Pixmania's price :shock: £402!! That's over £100 more than some UK suppliers, and £80 more than most.

This site looks promising...

http://www.camerabox.co.uk/productD...-10-20mm-f4-5.6-EX-DC-HSM-Lens&ProductID=1262

Wouldn't go anywhere near them, they did the same to me, processed my payment for stock they did not have and it took 4 weeks to get my money back after numerous calls and emails.

That was the first and last time I used them.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Pixmania = cowboys - Last year, I ordered a Sigma lens in a Canon fit, the money was out of my account in three days. They sent me a Nikon fit in error.

I had to return it to them at my own cost then put a claim in for the postage. They said they'd send me the Canon fit but I would have to wait for about three weeks until they had checked the lens I had returned at their place in France.:shake:

After I don't know how many phone calls, emails etc, about a month later, they simply sent me an email saying my order was closed and they would refund my money. I was annoyed but glad. I ordered the lens from somwhere else and that arrived the next day, no probs.

On checking my bank account, pixmania had taken the money out of my bank THREE TIMES, ok so they refunded it a couple of days later. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I phoned my bank to lodge a complaint but they said that as i had paid by debit card, some companies keep debit card details on file, and that's how they had managed to take my money out three times.

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. :razz:

Lisa

Probably best I start asking about Jessops now incase I plan to buy something from them in 2012 ;)

Back