Are PNY compact flash cards any good?

Name
PHILIP
Edit My Images
Yes
What are PNY compact flash cards like? Up until now I have always used Sandisk, which seem in short supply in 16gb form in my locality. My local Currys stock PNY, but I have never used them before.

Ta.

I've got a couple as well as Sandisk and I can't tell any difference, no issues....

PNY are a reasonable mid range brand.

I wouldn't buy memory cards on the high street the prices are generally silly.

Just what I needed to hear! :ty: You want to live in N.Ireland. For starters, some companies simply refuse to post over here. I priced a Sandisk 16gb compact flash card from a mainland company. £49.99 which seems the going rate. Fine, until I checked their postal rates. UK mainland £5.99, which seems reasonable. However, when I put in my postcode, the postage jumped to £30!!! Rip-off merchants!:rage:

I'm reluctant to buy CF cards off ebay...too many fakes and cards with malware preinstalled for my liking.

Edit. I wasn't going to mention them, but I think they deserve a mention. The company charging extortionate postage was Cameraworld.

Last edited:
PNY are a decent brand Ive used them with no issues at all, PNY memory cards are no better or worse than SanDisk cards.

Used them in the past too, found them reliable, no issues with them at all.

I usually buy my Sandisk cards from MyMemory

Have you tried them?
Delivery takes a few days but that's OK if you're not in a hurry.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I ended up buying a 16GB Sandisk Extreme (60MB/s) from Amazon. £37.99 and free p&p! :banana: 3-5 days for delivery, but I ain't panicking!

Last edited:
Back