Are there any 50d owner's out there

I used to use cf-sd adapters and really cant recommend them, I found they are unreliable and even with a fast sd card in them the adapter will slow you down as it cannot write to the card at decent speeds

Sorry going back to cf cards. Is the speed the only down side to using a sd adapter. I dont feel I have any probs with writing speeds but want to make sure its safe to use and save myself £40

I think a CF cards better than SD + adaptor.....less contacts involved so less chance of lost data if bad connection !....just a thought.
I've been using a 50d for a while and found it a great all round camera , good for wildlife and for landscapes , the iso is good at 1600 focus is pretty good ( only the 7d mk11 if it ever comes to light may lead to upgrade ) have a look at my flickr site for some examples
cheers and enjoy the 50d !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianricjonescorp

bought mine new over 4 yrs ago and still have it and its been great and given me some excellent prints with the 17-85 kit lens, now i use it with my 10-22 and have lots of fun even though I have full frame as well. It will always be in my bag for when I want something different.

I think a CF cards better than SD + adaptor.....less contacts involved so less chance of lost data if bad connection !....just a thought.
I've been using a 50d for a while and found it a great all round camera , good for wildlife and for landscapes , the iso is good at 1600 focus is pretty good ( only the 7d mk11 if it ever comes to light may lead to upgrade ) have a look at my flickr site for some examples
cheers and enjoy the 50d !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianricjonescorp

what lens are you using with your 50d

Have you got any suggestions for a good cf card. Only ever used sd so not to sure what to look out for?

sandisk extreme 3 - I use 4gb , which are cheap as chips these days (admittedly that's with a 40D but it would be equally fine with a 50 - i'm about to upgrade my other body, currently a 20D to a 50D)

Last edited:
I use a sigma 17-70 , canon 70-200 f4 l is , canon 300 2.8 l is along with a 1.4 and a 2x teleconverter !
How do you get on with the sigma. Been looking at the canon 17-55

Hi Bobby , mine is the older sigma 17-70 non os version and i've been very happy with it !......i believe the sigma 17-50 being 2.8 is sharper also compares well with the tamron 17-50 2.8 .
I think they are all good lenses for the price and well above kit lens build quality And the canon 17-55 is probably the best ..some folk think it's an L len's in ef fitting !

Hi Bobby , mine is the older sigma 17-70 non os version and i've been very happy with it !......i believe the sigma 17-50 being 2.8 is sharper also compares well with the tamron 17-50 2.8 .
I think they are all good lenses for the price and well above kit lens build quality And the canon 17-55 is probably the best ..some folk think it's an L len's in ef fitting !
hmmmm thanks for that. have been pondering for months about it but think i was just after someone saying 'yes get it'. As you can appreciate its not a cheap lens in my opinion so im trying to choose wisely.

Does anyone use a remote release for there 50d. I use a wireless one but cant seem to get it to hold on 'bulb' it works on 30sec ect but when I use bulb it just takes a pic and not hold the shutter open?

i've had good results with a Sigma 17-70 lens and the newer os version gets great reviews , what is the problem with the 28-135 is ?
I could do with that on my 1d mk1v !

Back