Are there any carp anglers on here?

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm just curious as plenty of carp anglers i know nowadays are really into photography also :)

Totally carp angler! Only fish once a year and that's for the pot. Absolute this (to continue the anagram theme...) golfer as well!

Sea Angler me, sometimes Trout too.

Ex-Carp angler. Used to hunt species for weeks at a time without a bite sometimes.
Biggest was 28 1/2 common, back in 1988 ish. There's a lot more bigger fish about these days.

Ex-Carp angler. Used to hunt species for weeks at a time without a bite sometimes.
Biggest was 28 1/2 common, back in 1988 ish. There's a lot more bigger fish about these days.
That was a pretty decent fish for back then though mate, i fish around the wraysbury area nowadays but dont get as much time as i'd like due to work and family. I also run a Syndicate lake in chertsey, the biggest in there is nearly 60lb!

That was a pretty decent fish for back then though mate, i fish around the wraysbury area nowadays but dont get as much time as i'd like due to work and family. I also run a Syndicate lake in chertsey, the biggest in there is nearly 60lb!
Jeezus that's a beast!.
I fished Cutmill mainly and yateley now and again. And most of the day ticket waters around the s/e.

If I got back into it I'd want an old pair of Bruce and Walkers with Mitchell 300's. What I used to have back int day ;)

Jeezus that's a beast!.
I fished Cutmill mainly and yateley now and again. And most of the day ticket waters around the s/e.

If I got back into it I'd want an old pair of Bruce and Walkers with Mitchell 300's. What I used to have back int day ;)
Yateley is still going but under a different ownership nowadays......not the same place now unfortunately

Used to fish for carp at 'Grey Mist' in Warrington.

Lived in Scotland for 20 years now so don't really do any course fishing.

Grey mist brings back a few memories as i caught my pb from there. i lived in Runcorn for a few years and had a warrington aa ticket for a while and loved it over there.

Grey mist brings back a few memories as i caught my pb from there. i lived in Runcorn for a few years and had a warrington aa ticket for a while and loved it over there.

It's where I grew up (Stockton Heath) not far from Runcorn.

Lymm Dam was another favourite.

I loved Lymm dam, a lovely place with great surroundings...... but i always tended to catch the bream lol

My club Bay Molton had a match on Lymm Dam today. Winning weight 10lb 13oz. Not alot

That'll be the little bream Melvyn, some biguns in there but there not easy to catch.........i always found lymm dam a good place to take pictures of kingfishers whilst not catching though!

Hi Steve just checked and it seems mostly roach. Yes it is quite good for landscapes and wildlife if you can getaway from the dog walkers .

Last edited:
That'll be the little bream Melvyn, some biguns in there but there not easy to catch.........i always found lymm dam a good place to take pictures of kingfishers whilst not catching though!

Do you mean like this Steve

Have been fishing guy syndicate lakes oxfordshire for about 12 years now. Bad year this year, but the KF are still about. I had two of the buggers on one of my rods this year, but dare not stretch out to get hold of the camera!!!

We have a few monster carp in the lakes at MK
This one Weighing in at 39lb 10oz,
was caught at Willen April 2013.

I've never been a specimen hunter, preferring to see "what happens"
but I've seen a fair few big'uns pulled out over the years.

Just started up fishing again..off carping at oakwood predator lakes next week hopefully.

Ive just sort of started again after 15 years of not bothering (coarse fishing in general that is). Having said that, been 3 times and probably wont go again until next spring now.
Biggest carp back when was 18lb I think.

Use to fish California country park in Bracknell area / frampton / harefield / then decided one wknd away didn't want it anymore I came home on the Sunday and sold all my gear that was 10yrs ago my PB common was 32lb mirror was 39.10 do I regret selling up no .

I almost misread the "carp" in the thread title as another word, in which case this doodle would fit right in . . .

No324-Fishing_zps29044a02.jpg~original

I've just collected my kit that's been stored at my parents for last 8 years!! Waiting for warmer ish weather to get going again!!

Do you mean like this Steve

Have been fishing guy syndicate lakes oxfordshire for about 12 years now. Bad year this year, but the KF are still about. I had two of the buggers on one of my rods this year, but dare not stretch out to get hold of the camera!!!
Yes Brian, i used to fish over on linear manor farm back in the early 90's prior to day ticket when it was a syndicate....it got too busy for me after that!

I used to live eat and breath fishing, just never seem to get the time nowadays so limited to fishing only 2 or 3 times a week now, mainly coarse but used to be heavily into sea fishing for a few years had a go at fly fishing when I go up to Scotland to visit my mum, only one I don't really enjoy is boat fishing, and that is because I get really really sea sick even on flat calm days :puke:

resurrecting this thread. Been out of carp fishing for well over 15 yrs, now recently returned to it and it has surprised me how much is still the same, even some of the baits used in the 90's are still available and used today. My PB is a mere 18.6lbs. a tiddler by todays standards, but back in the day it was quite an achievment to catch anything over 15 in South Wales at the time. I managed fish some beautiful lakes and ponds, Llyswen carp ponds in Powys (are they still there?) Horseshoe lakes in Oxfordshire in the early days of the carp society, Eastnor castle Herefs all before getting shackled and bringing up 2 daughters, now they are older I think its time to get back into it.

resurrecting this thread. Been out of carp fishing for well over 15 yrs, now recently returned to it and it has surprised me how much is still the same, even some of the baits used in the 90's are still available and used today. My PB is a mere 18.6lbs. a tiddler by todays standards, but back in the day it was quite an achievment to catch anything over 15 in South Wales at the time. I managed fish some beautiful lakes and ponds, Llyswen carp ponds in Powys (are they still there?) Horseshoe lakes in Oxfordshire in the early days of the carp society, Eastnor castle Herefs all before getting shackled and bringing up 2 daughters, now they are older I think its time to get back into it.

I used to fish liswerry and also was a member of wrings angling club (some over zealous bailiffs on there )

I used to fish liswerry and also was a member of wrings angling club (some over zealous bailiffs on there )
I fished Liswerry (Newport?) on many occaisions, a Newport AC water? Morgans was the water to fish back then, but we aways ended up on Woodstock for what ever reason. I have recently joined Glamorgan AC, they have Bishops pond which is 500yds from Wrings. I very nearly got kicked off there (wrings) for poaching in '98, the bailiff threatened us ( 4 25yr olds) with violence if we did'nt leave, the little nazi ended up in the drink and we fished warren mill instead.......makes me laugh even now, he was a t***.

Bishops pond use to get some nice fish from the margins in the back water as for bailiff his name was Graham ex copper many a time I wanted to launch him lol remember once having biggest fish in the pond (star) feeding on my bait in the margin along with a big leather (had both in the end over time star 34.9 big leather 28.4 ) he stood on the end and scared them out of the swim I just packed up and left before I hurt him .

Carp angler here as well! Been at it, so to speak, since the 80's when I also started with my photography habit. Born and bred in the NW and only ever fished around these parts, don't get the France thing, so biggest is only 32lb. Had a few years hunting Barbel as well on my local River Ribble.

Reactions: mex
Back