Are we ALONE???

yes well isnt that a bad idea to make them on earth, ok its in europe near france and that is a good point but i just get bad feelings about doing something like that, without knowing the full consequences

I'm leaving this thread now I have a headache.

BTW Jon, 7 more days then you can put the pigeon jokes to bed:D

wow bit heavy for a tue night, ime of to the fridge for a ruma nd coke and ponder my thoughts, brief history of time by hawkers was very iinteresting however i did have to read some pages more than twice ??

yes and 33 is the answer to your question

I'm leaving this thread now I have a headache.

BTW Jon, 7 more days then you can put the pigeon jokes to bed:D

:LOL: And i'm doing my best to make sure the bird goes out with a bang Mal. Hmm... There's some irony in that comment somewhere... :D

I find this stuff really interesting and I am surprised no one has mentioned ''area 51'' a place that does not exist according to the U.S government but coach loads of workers set of each morning from las vegas and armed guards stop you from going too close to it.

I think there is definitely a cover up of something but what I have no idea...........

I find this stuff really interesting

So do I. Do I have to employ a Pigeon Detective or can someone point me to the source of The Knowledge? (Just the pigeon aspect, thanks.)

The talk about infinity reminded me of Hilbert's Hotel.

Hilbert has a hotel with an infinite number of rooms and one day an infinite number of coaches arrive containing an infinite number of guests. Hilbert is lucky, all of his rooms are filled but the next day another infinite number of coaches arrive with another infinite number of guests all wanting a room. Hilbert, not wanting to lose any money and being a clever chap has an idea. He asks each of his current guest to move to the room double the one they are in. So the person in room 1 moves to room 2, room 2 to 4, room 3 to 6 and so on. Now all of the odd numbered rooms are empty so the new arrivals can use them. In two days Hilbert has filled his hotel with infinite rooms twice over.

What this shows is that infinity comes in many sizes but it's not really a number at all, just a concept. There are infinite counting numbers, 1,2,3,4...100349343, etc. and within that infinite sequence there are odd and even numbers that also go to infinity, it's just that some infinities are larger or smaller than others.

As for conspiracy theories about visitors from another planet, that's pretty much what the internet was invented for (y)

That is the stupides video i have ever seen for consiricy things :LOL:
the moon is not is a constant orbit it is getting further and further away from the earth

dont even want to go into the rest :LOL:

i dont think we are alone there are others out there but they are alot further than the moon

Sorry to dig up an old thread but iv just seen another video of dubious authenticity..

Looks like there maybe a man on the moon after all!! :LOL:

Look here

And there's this one, is it real? looks it.. iv never seen it before..

If they can crash on the MOON of all places then im sure they could come bash up our Wind Turbines!! Thats what Claims Direct are here for after all... :LOL:

Here

lol but how many miles do their spaceships have on the clock?

lol but how many miles do their spaceships have on the clock?

Are you thinking of putting an offer on one?? :thinking: i think you need a licence.. (y)

lol ytou worked for the army you know about all the aliums they caught in secret, you must have seen some military secrets fraggle

I think it's a no brainer to realise that if we developed on a planet in our solar system then it's pretty obvious that it will have happened elsewhere - so i believe there are other beings out there.

Of course were not alone! its just a shame we will never know if they're being hidden from us or not.. i want then to come and ANNOUNCE themselves!! lol.. so it cant be hidden..

One day eh...

yep - one day, daft thing of course is that they're all thinking the same thing :D

AND he's got to arrange pick up!!! lol...

Maybe a slightly off topic post, but those of you who think there isn't life 'elsewhere', watch this:

[YOUTUBE]mcBV-cXVWFw[/YOUTUBE]

Not the moon I know......
But boy does it make you think.

fascinating and mind boggling

I read that there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on the earth:eek:

There must be life out there

fascinating and mind boggling

I read that there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on the earth:eek:

There must be life out there

Fascinating and mind boggling it may well be, but unless what's out there supports life then it's still just us here...

and to think one day mankind will be out there flying through space meeting and befriending aliens colonising planets, waging war. we wont just be a planet of nations then like in the sci fi game we will be an empire. like the romans did. but it wont be in my lifetime. but one day there will be humans not in the little ships we got now but actually traversing deep space :O it boggles the mind and the way humans multiply it wont take long before we spread and spread and spread through the universe like a plague of locusts breeding and breeding

Fascinating and mind boggling it may well be, but unless what's out there supports life then it's still just us here...

its also useless if the creatures out there, cant breath oxygen because then we will never be able to meet them

At least theres a happy ending to all this Ash.. :LOL:

That is the stupides video i have ever seen for consiricy things :LOL:
the moon is not is a constant orbit it is getting further and further away from the earth

Well more than that the biggest moon of the earth the one we can see with the naked eye (there are several VERY small orbiting moons round the earth) is in an elliptical orbit, that's why it looked bigger the other week, because was at the closest part of this elliptical orbit.

Yes the moon is moving away from the earth at about 1 inch a year. How do we know this. On one of the Apollo mission they place small mirrors on the surface to allow a California lab to bounce a laser beam off to measure the distance, they still do this every day.

That video also suggested we never see the other side of the moon, well don't tell the Russians as they are very proud of being the first nation to photography the dark side back in the 60s.

Are there or have there been life on other planets, I have to admit to having financial contributed to SETI so must say there is/has been life out there.

If you consider now many stars are out there (more than the number of grains on sand on the earth) and then follow the Drake equation you have to conclude we are not alone
N = N* fp ne fl fi fc fL

N* represents the number of stars

fp is the fraction of stars that have planets around them

ne is the number of planets per star that are capable of sustaining life

fl is the fraction of planets in ne where life evolves

fi is the fraction of fl where intelligent life evolves

fc is the fraction of fi that communicate

fL is fraction of the planet's life during which the communicating civilizations live

N, the number of communicating civilizations

Now have we been visited by aliens, NO I don't believe we have, remember all those UFO sightings in the 80s that were black triangular flight things with no engines, well we now know they are called F117 stealth fighters.

Yes, there's got to be life out there somewhere. As you say there are is a number of stars so large they can't be counted. And so far we've found 329 exoplanets (planets outside the solar system), ok they are mostly, so far, giant Jupiter like planets, with a couple of at least 3x the mass of the Earth, and even they are really hard to detect by comparison to the stars they orbit. It's estimated that the rate of discovery is about to go up a lot when the Kepler space telescope goes up.

For anyone interested in the universe and the possibility of life out there, read Carl Sagan's Billions and Billions.

The Drake equation also features in this book and as I'm sure whiteflyer knows, the late Carl Sagan was a huge force behind SETI. Everything in the book is based on science and not once does he go 'reaching for straws'

Aother book by the great man is The Demon Haunted World - his book on clear thought and removing the social norms we've come to accept. A seriously mind opening book that will prepare you when contemplating things like aliens, ghosts, god and such... :)

tbh..

ask yourself this

if you were said 'alien life' would you really want to make 1st contact?...............

i'd hazard a guess NO as you would fear we would either

1 ****** you
2 eat you
3 kill you........ or
4 all the above

dont forget 4 and 5

4. enslave you
5. make you watch re-runs of coranation street

So with all the hundreds of billions of galaxies and trillions of stars and an uncountable number of planets what happened here couldn't have happened on any of them, surely just the numbers involved means it's likely there must be more than just us.

Unless you believe the earth was created in 6 days and is only a few thousand years old

So with all the hundreds of billions of galaxies and trillions of stars and an uncountable number of planets what happened here couldn't have happened on any of them, surely just the numbers involved means it's likely there must be more than just us.

All you're doing is playing a game of probability. What i'm saying is irrespective of probabilities unless life is sustainable elsewhere then we could have an unimaginable number of planets and stars and galaxies and we still wouldn't have life on them. So quantity proves nothing...

and no, i'm not a 7 day wonder believer fwiw.

At the end of the day we will never know.. unless when we die there IS life after and all the answers MIGHT be available.. that would be nice..

So, we ALL could be right.. or wrong.. Its a lottery..

I for one would like t think there is life out there.. there seems to be SOME evidence that point towards it.. I.e the video footage and sightings.. (Some could be genuine!)

at the same time, it could all be *******s and were doomed.. (y)

Have any astronauts ever come across the london bus that the Sun "newspaper" once reported was on the surface of the moon :LOL:

fraggle - I think everything you have mentioned and referred to is total bunkum. I do believe in alien life. And I wouldn't be surprised if it has visited us in the past but what I would be surprised at is if any evidence to show this could be found amongst the mass of false evidence and bunkum.

Yes, I do believe in alien life.

I've met Marcel ;)

At the end of the day we will never know.. unless when we die there IS life after and all the answers MIGHT be available.. that would be nice..

I think we are getting close to finding past life out there, with water and methane being found on Mars thing are starting to come together for life out there.

We must remember we are looking for two different things
1) life on another planet, now that could just be single cell stuff.
2) Intelligent life, which is what SETI is looking for.

It will be much easier to find bacteria and the like than to find waking talking aliens.

Back