Are you a lone photographer, or social?

nice one, that's me added to it.

Good idea - it took me 20 seconds to demonstrate the use of bounced fill-in rear-curtain, slow-synch flash on saturday...
or about 20 pages of A4 with diagrams...

I'm thinking of getting together some sort of list of people and where we all are, what sort of photography we like etc.

A sort of list that we can tap into, should we feel like shooting with others locally to us, rather than wait for forum meetups etc.

Excellent idea!

i'm somewhere in between

I like to be with others, so I can learn from better photographers so that would make me a social snapper.

BUT

I don't know any........so that makes me a lone snapper.

Ditto

I'm thinking of getting together some sort of list of people and where we all are, what sort of photography we like etc.

That's another problem I have.... I don't really know what I like :thinking: :shrug:

That's another problem I have.... I don't really know what I like :thinking: :shrug:

Hehe, that's easy for me. I'm pretty much an all rounder, and will happily have bash at any type of photography. Some I enjoy more than others, but I'll give it all a whirl really.

You're a girl...of course you don't know what you want...

(doesn't know any good photographers does she??? pah!)

I really enjoy going out on my own to take photos, I find it very difficult to do so with my 3yr old daughter so I think the time i do get alone to shoot is very important to me. If I am in the studio on the other hand I think a couple of other people are totally necessary otherwise it is very difficult to set things up just the way you want them.:)

I'm a bit of both too. My girlfriend tend to come with me when I go out to take some photos. I'm quite new to this hobby and I really wish I knew a few people who were into photography too, I have so much to learn and there's nothing like first hand help and advice. Gutted I couldn't make the London meet :(

Hey Grendel, where in this delightful town are you? And have you found any really good spots locally? If you fancy hooking up sometime, let me know...

Hey Grendel, where in this delightful town are you? And have you found any really good spots locally? If you fancy hooking up sometime, let me know...

I'm in Shinfield mate! I've PM'd you........

and everyone knows where I am if they fancy a get together eh? :LOL:

Sorry I couldn't resist, :p :LOL: :coat:

Jewel

Canada is somewhere that I want to visit sooo much!

Canada is somewhere that I want to visit sooo much!

Sounds like a meet at Jewel's then. If just to see how mad they really are over there... ;)

Sounds like a meet at Jewel's then. If just to see how mad they really are over there... ;)

Madder than a box of frogs (Or so Im told :D)

Tis a country I'd also looooove to visit (one of a long growing list now).
My wife and I did talk about emigrating there a few years ago

Mostly a loner but I recently joined a local camera club to get out and meet like minded people.

Normally I go out on my own, but have been out recently with Hoodi and really enjoyed it, really helps you look at things differently and in Hoodis case, passed on some great advice. Will hopefully be doing allot more of this over the months to come ...

It's so true, someone can show you a technique in a couple of moments that would take you days of research to find otherwise! Something I found when I spent a day at Silverstone with Joe T.

I usually end up alone but have a tandem harness if anyone wants to join my aerial adventures!!

when you say tandem is that side by side or hanging underneath? :cautious:

If you are small (which I suspect you are not) you can go like this:

Rebecca%20PPG%202.jpg

Or if larger, like this:

tandem2_big.jpg

Pictures from Paramotors UK website.

I usually end up alone but have a tandem harness if anyone wants to join my aerial adventures!!
I'd love to say yes BUT I have a mahoosive fear of heights although strangely drawn to handgliding.....would have to take my teddy too!

Can't help thinking the guy in front looks a bit like an airbag :eek:

If the offers there though HUN, give me a shout next time you're planning something, I'm brave at a distance :LOL:

I'm definitely a lone photographer, by both choice and circumstance. By circumstance because I don't know anyone else who's really into photography but by choice because I'm a bit of a loner anyway. I enjoy time alone and prefer taking pictures alone because you don't have to worry about how much time is being spent doing this.

Back