Votes: 62 45.3%
  • Mac OS

Votes: 40 29.2%
  • Both

Votes: 35 25.5%
  • Linux coz I am 1337

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Windows at work, windows at home. I've tried Mac before and didn't get on with it that well, not to mention the prices :eek:

OK a small sample but it's interesting to see that Mac population is much higher than I thought. Also a lot of people using both, like me

Only the people that bother to vote are counted, Mac users need only the slightest of excuses to mention they use a Mac, a thread about it is like a red rag to a bull..:LOL:

No but seriously, I don't think this photo forum will contain the numbers you might think, in fact I'd be surprised if it hits 5%.
Peeps come here to talk about cameras and photos, not operating systems, maybe a web/graphic design type forum, something more Mac specific would give higher than average numbers.
You don't need to spend twice as much on a Mac as a PC to edit a few photos, peeps tend to spend their money on the bits that really matter to them, like camera gear.

Use both and only recently a Mac

Pro and cons for both, surprised my new mac has developed a beautiful 1 pixel wide line down the screen which is apparently a common thing

Will I ever leave windows behind I wonder

I use a Mac for everything, I switched when Panther came out and haven't looked back since :-D

Mike.

I used to run a Mac and then couldn't afford to upgrade to went back to Windows for a couple of years. Now I'm back to a Mac and so is my wife, we'll never switch back. I can also use it for work, I do have Parallels but only ever run the Windows partition when I need a particular piece of software for work.

Windows at work, Windows at home. I couldn't switch to a Mac - I'm far too used to programming applications for Windows and I wouldn't know where to start for Mac!

Mac user for pretty much 14 years at college and work, changed jobs and was back on a PC for about 18 months. I now freelance and i'm happily back on a Mac full time! :)

Contrary to what it says under my username I use Windows.

Back