Are you proud of every photo posted ??

well, from a completely non sports (well, maybe the occasional bike race) and non professional (at least now, though i've earned a crust at it for a while many, many years ago) point of view...

ahem, i've been taking photo's for thick end of 40 years now, and I can count on the fingers of one hand the shots that I'm NOT disappointed with in some way...

problem is, and I recognise it's a problem with how i'm wired, not necessarily what I'm outputting, but I seem unable to see beyond the flaws in the image... and, as man is fallible, theres ALWAYS some flaw or other. So, all I can see is that the persons head should have been maybe 2degrees to the left or right, or that the lemon in the still life bowl of fruit has too much wax on the peel, which wouldn't have been there in a 17c dutch old master painting that i'm trying to do a pastiche of...

I'm the same in "normal" life though - I can decorate a room, and everyone who walks in says how great it is, but I'll still only be able to see the run in the paint on the skirting board that I had to sand down and repaint, or that the wallpaper pattern wavers at the corner, because the plastered wall isn't perfectly straight and true...

I still ENJOY the pictures, don't get me wrong, I just don't actually like them very much - on the upside, I guess every frame is an opportunity for a reshoot...

with that attitude to imagery, I guess you can understand why I feel vaguely nauseous at the prospect of shooting anything quite as "reactive" as sports...

Every morning I'm proud of the fact I didn't die in my sleep.

The perfectionist issue that Mark outlines above has plagued me from time to time.

I now try to embrace and own mistakes, and use them to move forward. Kind of, if I can be bothered.

well, from a completely non sports (well, maybe the occasional bike race) and non professional (at least now, though i've earned a crust at it for a while many, many years ago) point of view...

ahem, i've been taking photo's for thick end of 40 years now, and I can count on the fingers of one hand the shots that I'm NOT disappointed with in some way...

problem is, and I recognise it's a problem with how i'm wired, not necessarily what I'm outputting, but I seem unable to see beyond the flaws in the image... and, as man is fallible, theres ALWAYS some flaw or other. So, all I can see is that the persons head should have been maybe 2degrees to the left or right, or that the lemon in the still life bowl of fruit has too much wax on the peel, which wouldn't have been there in a 17c dutch old master painting that i'm trying to do a pastiche of...

I'm the same in "normal" life though - I can decorate a room, and everyone who walks in says how great it is, but I'll still only be able to see the run in the paint on the skirting board that I had to sand down and repaint, or that the wallpaper pattern wavers at the corner, because the plastered wall isn't perfectly straight and true...

I still ENJOY the pictures, don't get me wrong, I just don't actually like them very much - on the upside, I guess every frame is an opportunity for a reshoot...

with that attitude to imagery, I guess you can understand why I feel vaguely nauseous at the prospect of shooting anything quite as "reactive" as sports...
This is me to a tea, I’m exactly the same, I can see every little imperfection in everything, I wont decorate any more as I can’t cut in and get 100% perfectly straight and the wife just repeats how the ceiling isn’t squar to the wall, but for me it just means I failed.

I feel your pain in this respect.

Back