Are you smoking?

Name
Oleg
Edit My Images
Yes
It's a friendly photo of my friend. He also likes taking pictures and we sometimes go for a walk with our cameras somewhere.
I'm all thumbs with portraits, but I think it may do sometimes ;)

2048519.jpg

What a great take! I do have a little problem though, and I hesitate to say it in case it gives the wrong impression, but I am finding myself drawn to his crotch! :confused:

It's a shame, as I love the idea of a more unusual portrait.

:clap: I think that's a great shot (y)

What a great take! I do have a little problem though, and I hesitate to say it in case it gives the wrong impression, but I am finding myself drawn to his crotch! :confused:

me too, its a great shot but your focus does naturally fall there.

me too, its a great shot but your focus does naturally fall there.

My focus does natulally fall to the cigarette. Nothing more...
:shrug:
I understand why you're seeing it, because he's my friend and I don't be interesting his crotch, but those who doesn't know him pays attention to that region;)

nice different shot...(y)

ref the crotch ..:shrug:

i personally feel that is a natural lead in line from the knee up the leg .

most togs are always looking for leadin lines.

that said :nuts:

md(y)

Haha, I'm a bloke but I didn't follow into the crotch, the first things I noticed was the cig then his wedding ring, after that I started to look around the image but never at his crotch coz there is nothing there that attracts attention, doh you know what I mean though.

Like the dof btw

Haha, I'm a bloke but I didn't follow into the crotch, the first things I noticed his wedding ring, after that I started to look at his crotch coz there that attracts attention,
Like the dof btw

be careful what you type :nuts:

little delete here and there.

:naughty:

Excellent image from an unusual angle. Is that an earring he's wearing? It seems non-Russian to me, I don't know why?

Is that an earring he's wearing? It seems non-Russian to me, I don't know why?
A lot of Russians now don't look like Russians from times when was the USSR and my friend not the exception ;)
BTW, He likes riding a bike, so he must look like as he's looking like... ;)
That earring is one of the many things he wears.

Last edited:
Good shot and nice B&Ws - I like the way his middle finger is aimed at the lens, nice composition! :)

Well...the placement and angle of the cigarette, and it's,er, uhummmm, rigidity, are quite phallic. That's perhaps why this is an effective photograph, showing so clearly the "manliness" associated with smoking???

Back