Are you tall?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
i think I best worry then because i'm about the same height f not a lil bit taller!

Well, at 5'10" .. thank God I've been taught to walk with a hunch!

Mind you, a guy who photographed a police check-point was sentenced to 70 lashes here in Saudi; though, in all honesty, I do support the law in this particular Saudi case.

I'm 6'2"
Am I illegal? :shrug:

Funny thing is the next generation always seem to get a bit taller, I'll be short in a few years lol.

5 11 is about average, wouldnt describe him as tall, I'm 6 4 and 15st but i've never been called intimdating, height does have an advantage sometimes over crowds though.

Good on him for not backing down though.

I'm 6ft 7 so heaven help me!

"5' 11" and about 12 stone - and implying that she found it intimidating." - pmsl - I'd better never leave the house then... at nearly 2m tall and 125kg every polis would dissolve into a gibbering wreck!

...aaaaaaaand here we go again.

The only person who mentions anything about his height as I recall is him.

As for 'The Register', I wouldn't give anything they write any credance even if they told me the sea was wet.

I cant help but think that the lad didnt do himself any favours here though.
He was approached and then confronted by a PCSO and the complaint of the PCSO is that the gentleman in question would not provide any identification details.

His height may have been mentioned when saying he was acting intimidating but the article itself just seems to be utter rubbish really.
A few more facts on exactly what happened should be published to allow a full opinion to be formed.

Maybe they should start recruiting there own tall intimidating police officers instead of short unintimidating ones. I personaly was told by a PCSO that I could not take photos, I simply asked him to quote his authority to stop me. He failed to do so and became very embarrassed. All though we know we are in the right I think the best cause of action is to give them your details and then have a calm legal discussion.

Stuff the Po Lice (toilet insects)....thye are getting too big for their boots and then wonder why nobody sees anything when they need help with a proper crime.

I wouldn't p*ss on one if they were on fire now, I'm afraid. I might find some petrol though.....

They have brought it on themselves. I have no sympathy whatsoever. I used to have respect for the law and for the Police - not any more. NONE.

No respect for the law at all - because it is becoming another form of control , rather than a set of social rules, that and a means of making money for th ecoffers.

I'm 8 foot 9 and I haven't a clue what this is about coz I haven't clicked the link

WTF! You're taking the mickey out of us ... 8'9" :eek:

Is that a ladder extension in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me....

why would a terrorist chill out in the center of a town with an uber big camera and probably lens? They would either take their terrorism shot with a huge lens that they could get the shot from a window or hill out of town or whatever and they would only take city shots on something small and pass-offable, like a mobile phone (ALL of which have cameras these days) or some special terriorist tiny camera

i very much doubt they would be prancing around with CANON emblazoned on their necks and obviously setting up a shop in the middle of a town!!!

This has nothing to do with terrorism and everything to do with the mannerisms of the police force creating a society where the only people wishing to JOIN the police force are intrinsically bully-ish and yob like - particularly with the psuedo American culture affecting us at the moment.

7ft. 9 with my ladder.:):LOL::woot:

i'm only 5' 10'', but i'm about 100 kg.and have a beard.
ahould i be worried.?

Defo be afraid, very afraid - cos you're a beardy-weirdy :D

There was a guy at 5' 10"
Thought he was safe, but then, & when
A Cop with venom did come along
And collared Beardy saying 'That's just wrong'
100kg too is pretty fat
So rot in jail you ugly t w ...

:LOL:

DD

PS - I would like to point out I've yet to meet inaredstripe who I'm sure is in perfect proportion and as gorgeous as Mr Pitt himself ;)

i like my photographers 5ft tall
there not to big and there not too small
when the coppers are a lurking near
grab the nearest lens and
clip em round the ear

(sorry i cant resist a jingle) :)

as you were :p

well I'm only 5ft tall but look taller if I stand on my tippytoes

I think his problem was that he wasn't big or intimidating enough. I'm 195 cm, 120 kg and as ugly as they come. Never had any problems with the police.

Hmm, a little over 6' and 18 stone. I also have a shaven head. Shall I just get in the van now? lol

If I was asked for my details I'd provide them. I always carry ID. Ok, the tog in this case was doing nothing wrong, but how much of his time was wasted? If he'd produced details the whole thing would probably have last a couple of minutes.

Back