Argh, Laptop woes!

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
The socket for the power supply snapped on my laptop last night and I wondered if anyone knew if that sort of thing were possible to fix easily? It's the bit inside the computer so annoyingly difficult to get at.

It's a new laptop too, and the receipt and warranty has mysteriously, yet typically vanished. I bought it fro Tesco. Do you think there's any chance they'll swap it without a receipt?

The only bright side is before it happened I'd just finished backing up all my photos.

It would generally involve soldering a new socket onto the mainboard, easy for a computer repair shop to fix or someone competent with using a soldering iron.

Thanks for the replies. I was just panicking when I posted that. I rang Tesco and they say it'll be fine to send it off for free repair even without the reciept. Phew.

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to process tomorrow's photos without photoshop...

Thanks for the replies. I was just panicking when I posted that. I rang Tesco and they say it'll be fine to send it off for free repair even without the reciept. Phew.

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to process tomorrow's photos without photoshop...

You see, what you should have done was back up your laptop with a laptop!
Have you tried to rent a laptop from your local IT shop? I presume you have your PS disks? That is of course if you REALLY can't wait!

Ah, that's an idea. I have an old desktop PC but it's too slow to run photoshop but I could edit JPEGs on it using the Microsoft editor I have on it.

I think I'll shoot both raw and JPEG so I can take up your rental suggestion if I'm unhappy with the JPEGs. Cheers. :)

Back