Argos Nikon D40 Lenses?

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just reserved what seems to be the last D40 Argos has after a long time hunting. I have until tomorrow to decide and so a quick answer to this question would be greatly appreciated.

Basically for £100 extra I thought it best to get the telephoto lens too. The only information given is this: Nikon D40 Camera with 18-55 and 55-200 Lens.

I can only presume that that is the standard kit lens and that both are AF-S otherwise they wouldn't work with the camera. My question is, does anyone have any more details on the lenses, VR or not?

Hopefully some can answer or else it's going to be a case of checking them in store and deciding there and then when I go to pick it up which I'd rather not do as I like to research things first. Just for those curious the list price is £352.29 which to me seems not too bad, depending on the lenses of course.

Thanks for you time.

I don't think either will have VR.

I would have thought given you've bought these you are in a better position to answer this question than us though...? Unless VR was mentioned on your order, assume not.

I haven't actually bought them yet, merely reserved which costs nothing and is anonymous, I was hoping someone could give me some details before I actually do hand any money over.

So no VR but does anyone know the lens specifically so I can do a google on them?

Personally I'd skip the 55-200.

Get the 55-200 VR. You should be able to find a 55-200 VR used for under £130, and new for £160.

Trust me, you WILL kick yourself if you get the non-VR version of the 55-200.

just looked on the Argos site and the lens pictured (18-55) isn't the VR version ,

hope this helps

Ditch the 55-200 i sold mine, the VR 18-55 came on the D60 i think as kit lens.
Save the cash for a better lens.
Just My Thoughts.

Trust me, you WILL kick yourself if you get the non-VR version of the 55-200.
Can you expand on that? I have the 55-200 non VR and find it a good lens, no issues and can use it hand held at 200mm with no issues (in day light).
Not jumping on you because I think your wrong, id just like to know what is wrong with it?

Cheers.

Can you expand on that? I have the 55-200 non VR and find it a good lens, no issues and can use it hand held at 200mm with no issues (in day light).
Not jumping on you because I think your wrong, id just like to know what is wrong with it?

Cheers.

It's £100, a bit more will buy the VR version, which is a far better lens, that's about it really...

The 55-200 VR really is suprisingly good, I like my nice fast (and big!) f/2.8 lenses as well as the next man, but for a tiny pocket sized - and cheap! - lens, it really does a lot better than you'd think :)

I have the 70-300 vr and i did try out the 55-200 vr which i thought was a great little lens but i opted for the 300. I am looking to get a 200 2.8 when i find a good one for sale or i may bite the bullet and buy new(ouch)
a friend of mine hasone which iam going to borrow to see the difference in quality

Back