Ark Royal Friday

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
The public were allowed on-board on Friday and Saturday. Whilst I was on the deck the Bauhinia oil tanker, the largest ship ever on the Mersey, was guided past to the Stanlow Oil depot, which was nice. No interesting shots of it unfortunately. Back to the Ark, and I think I had quite a good sky for my shots...

Thanks for looking :)

These are really nice, I like the second one better, but I think that's just a matter of personal taste.

Very dramatic. I like them.

WOW, amazing, superb shoots. Thanks for sharing them
Which software you use for HDR

Should have said, I'd like some thoughts on the PP that's been done. I've been experimenting with some new stuff in LR2 but I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time or not. Also, they seem a little dark on my work monitor - how do they appear to everyone else? Cheers

The second one is like an creature lashing out with its tongue. Nice processing, doesn't seem too dark to me.

How do you get colour in the sky like that??

Really like both of them, do like HDR.

I have a question about no2, how do you get the curved effect on the helicopter, is it just how the shot is taken, or is there some post production to get the effect?

Many thanks.

Glad it's just my work monitor then :)
"curved" effect is because of the wide-angle lens (y)

Those shots are fantastic. Really like the treatment. The shot of the helicopter looks like it could be a render from a futuristic computer game.

Great shots love #2.:)

Absolutely stunning photo's

Absolutely fantastic. I have tried and tried and I can not produce HDR's like this.

Superb work on these.

Nice, i like them both, i've been tinkering with HDR in photoshop but i aint got it right yet...

Back