Armur Leopard

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
I posted this shot in a thread about Nikon lenses. Thought how much I liked this shot when I originally took it. Wondered what others thought of it.

marwll_leopard.jpg

chuckles said:
Thought how much I liked this shot when I originally took it.

And rightly so!! :thumb:

Superb detail and colour... if it was mine I'd be chuffed to bits.

REALLY nice!

I would be tempted to remove the two whiskers over his eye and just lighten (that eye) up a bit but I don't know if that would actually make it any better or not.

Its a great shot. Would have been even better if the subject was looking straight into the camera.

Very nice. good colour and texture in there ! Agree it might have been a little better if looking directly at you , and those 2 lashes on the right eye are a bit of a pain.

Its spelt Amur Leopard too ! ;)

Well it is in Critique !:getmecoat

The two lashes on the eye are a little distracting and it's a real shame he/she is looking out of the frame BUT the quality of the shot is excellent and enough to forgive the distraction etc. Very nice sharp shot, with lovely colour.:thumb:

If that was my shot, I'd be really proud of it. I actually like the fact that the leopard is looking out of the shot - it looks like it's just spotted lunch with that intent look in its eye. The only thing I'd change, as others have already pointed out, are the 2 eyelashes in the way of the right eye.

you know Chuck, the fur on this gorgeous pussy looks so soft and snuggly. You have captured the purrrfect detail without any oversharpened edges anywhere. A gorgeous natural shot, as the viewer would see it, I like the eyelashes, it shows us the leopard as he is. :thumb:

Thanks for the comments. I must every time it looked at me it seemed a bit menacing and, to be honest, didn't look natural enough in the viewfinder...! I can see what you're all saying about the lashes but I think I prefer it with. Anyway, just as an example here it is after a simple depilation! ;)

marwll_leopard_a.jpg

Mr THX said:
Fantastic...:thumb: Where, when, how ????

Marwell Zoo, August 2004 Nikon D70 80-400 VR zoom (probably around 300mm 1/125 @ f8 hand-held) have to dig out original file with the EXIF data :(

Oh, and it was hot! :whistle2:

I think thats a much improved image there without the lashes.

I like the way it's looking away too, give the intent he's planning his next move :eek2:

I'm planning a trip to Marwell zoo soon as they have snow leopard cubs, born in August :)

I like the shot, as is, you cant go around plucking eyebrows from wild animals eyes just because it doesn't fit into the 'perfect shot' catergory, i am sure Andy Rouse or Chris Packham would love this shot.
well done chuck :clap:

A great shot.. well done.

I also prefer it without the lashes over the eye. The only thing that bothers me is that the eyes appear to be different colours... Is that how it was or is it just the light?

That's a fantastic shot well done :)........I was at Cotsworlds Wildlife Park yesterday, but the leopards were not playing ball, they were running about everywhere to make sure I couldn't get a decent photo.

Chez said:
The only thing that bothers me is that the eyes appear to be different colours... Is that how it was or is it just the light?

i think you will find that one eye is in shadow, that the reason for the difference.

its very good, if i was being picky(which isnt like me i know) i would have prefered a small amount of space to the right, just a tiny bit....

Matty said:
its very good, if i was being picky(which isnt like me i know) i would have prefered a small amount of space to the right, just a tiny bit....

Ditto, the crop is just a little too tight, and I would have liked to see the right elbow as well, but besides that, I love the image. Very intense gaze, and you captured it perfectly. (Or is that purrfectly? ;))

Back