Around an old & dirty pool...

Name
Chuck M
Edit My Images
Yes
Beautiful things I saw around an old & dirty pool... (my 2nd post on this forum)
C&C welcome. Thanks for looking. :)

1 - Gutter...
84236118.jpg

2 - Clogged Filter...
84236158.jpg

3 - Rocky curve...
84237059.jpg

4 - Worn out...
84237062.jpg

5 - Ostracized...
84514538.jpg

More shots here... http://www.pbase.com/chuckmaceda/old_pool

My favs are 1 - 3 :) Very nice. although in 1 even though the leaf is presumably supposed to be dominant, the manhole still grabs more attention as its big, bright and just right in the centre top of the frame. Best one is easily number 2 for me.

All pretty good, I like 3 & 4 best though. Would 1 benefit from a crop cutting out the drain cover? Try that and see what you think.
Keep it up.
David.

I like them - what method did you use to desaturate selected parts of the images?

The method I use (may differ from runner10 method) is to make a layer copy of a picture - make sure the layer copy is highlighted for use, then desaturate the layer, then use the eraser tool to 'rub out' the black and white parts and the colour from the original picture will shine through. Then merge the layers and save - hey presto.

I like them - what method did you use to desaturate selected parts of the images?

Thanks guys for the wonderful comments.

@ SW4peter: There are several methods to do it but my simple process is as ff: using lasso tool-select parts of the image you want to keep colored and do your normal PP, select inverse and play with the desat bar and PP. You're done. :)

Clever take. I like em

Number 3 for me..defo., I'd go with some of the previous comments on the first pic... I didnt even notice the leaf until the second glance as the filter cover is too dominant...

I really, really, really, really like number 1. Its my favourite image ive seen all day. I love it to bits. The composure is so good.

Brook.

Back