Critique Around Newcastle, Leeds and York

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few from a couple of rolls of Ektar 100 I had developed at Jessops and scanned myself. All are from my Mamiya 645 with 80mm lens.

I can't claim that any of these are SOOC.

Critique would be very welcome :)

The Baltic showing its colours:

20140720-201250-Edit.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Leeds Corn Exchange stitched from 3 shots:

20140720-201742-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Curve (from the Sage, Gateshead):

20140720-192722.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Selfie (???):

20140720-193743.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Reflected Glory:

20140720-200421.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

York Minster:

20140720-205135.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Last edited:
What an excellent set, Mark. Lots of imagination in the intriguing compositions there. The first is probably my least favourite, but they are all really terrific!

Lot's of great picture there. I like them all but specially the second one. The panoramic format fit perfectly.

I like them all, but I love number 3. I'm a sucker for abstract architecture shots.

Corn exchange for me too, you've caught the grandeur of it very well

Thanks everyone, and sorry for not coming back sooner.

Kevin I did actually try that, but it didn't look right at all unfortunately; very unnatural.

Very interesting set, well thought out :)

wOw, many great photo's there Mark, love the colours on the first one, and the 'curve' is excellent. Great work. Who develops your Ektar 100 slide film ?

I've recently got myself a mint Mamiya C330s and two lenses, I've only started shooting this lovely format again after a long break........maybe 20yrs or so.

Best wishes;
Peter

wOw, many great photo's there Mark, love the colours on the first one, and the 'curve' is excellent. Great work. Who develops your Ektar 100 slide film ?

I've recently got myself a mint Mamiya C330s and two lenses, I've only started shooting this lovely format again after a long break........maybe 20yrs or so.

Best wishes;
Peter

Ektar 100 is actually a professional colour negative film surprisingly - as slide film use has fallen massively in the past 15 years (and actually been completely discontinued by Kodak with only Fuji and Agfa Geveant still producing it), negative film is actually at a very similar quality level due to much more R&D being poured in in comparison, and technology being more readily shared from the motion picture film divisions. Ektar 100 is an interesting film which shows the motion film connection very well as it has tons of exposure latitude, but to get the target saturated look you need to have quite accurate exposure as under-exposure turns it much more 'blue' and less saturated, whilst overexposure increases the saturation (especially in the reds). It's certainly a good film though if you use it right - just consider a bit more carefully perhaps in how to expose it.

Hope you have fun with the Mamiya C330.

Sam.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Congrats on a excellent set of photographs, you,your Mamiya and Ektar are working very well indeed. I just love the Corn exchange photograph,excellent work.

Lovely composition and exposure. The Corn Exchange shot is spot on and I love the 2 curves shots.

Andy

Back