Around Snowdonia

Name
Aaron
Edit My Images
Yes
Wanted to get an early start on my first day off since Christmas. Who wants a lye in anyway? Throughout the week in work I was greeted with some fabulous skies so I thought (hoped) that the trend would continue. Unfortunately I was wrong. The sunrise was non existent but there was some half decent colour about an hour later.

First stop was "The tree" at Llyn Padarn. This was where I was hoping to get sunrise but it didn't happen. I did manage to get this shot though and wet feet!

Benched reflections
by A_Cro, on Flickr

I then headed over to Llyn Idwal. Probably one of the most photographed of Snowdonia's lakes. Before I started the walk up I decided to get a shot of the boat house on Llyn Ogwen.

Boat House Blues
by A_Cro, on Flickr

Then I walked up to Llyn Idwal and fired off a few long exposures. This was the best of the day I think.

The cauldron
by A_Cro, on Flickr

None of my shots are as dramatic as some posted from Snowdonia recently but they are a lot better than I expected after seeing the sunrise that wasn't!

C&C more than welcome.

Cheers.

Hi Aaron,
Last time I was up I looked all over for that flipping tree:). Where does it hide?
Anyhow I guess the light didn't do it justice hence the B&W conversion, nice clarity in the stones under the water and great reflection of the tree in the water. Not so sure about the bench though, for me it's a little distracting.

No2 love this shot of Ogwen boathouse, that burst of cloud is fantastic, great texture in the boat house like the LE on the water and like the nice black angular reflection of the boat house.

No3 one of my favourite places the devils kitchen, some really unusual light hitting the water, like the slow shutter speed works well with all the little falls in the foreground. Bit of blown sky needs some work. Really like this shot it's my pick out of the 3.

Nice work, well done

Last edited:
Aaron;

Those are all sublime photographs, fantastic landscape captures........WOOOOW!

Any of those would look brilliant enlarged and hung proudly on a wall - stunning talent, execution and composition.

Regards;
Peter

Cheers for the comments.
I think I've got as far as I can go with number three. I only use Lightroom for PP so selecting certain areas isn't going to happen (not with my skills anyway)

Bonni - There is a car park halfway down the lake. Park up and go for a bit of a walk, you should find it then. Unfortunately, I could only get to one spot due to the amount of water that day. last time I was there the lake was pretty low but there is a lot of clutter with the surrounding trees.

The Tree
by A_Cro, on Flickr

love no1, I find the sky a bit distracting in 2. don't listen me tho , very much the beginner

All 4 are lovely shots Aaron.

Overall I think #1 is my fave but the crop feels a little bit tight to the tree/bench. You probably didn't have any choice without including some distractions. But the B&W processing really works.

Back