Around the house...

Nice studies James particularly like the game thingy #2 rest dont do much but good to study things, although #3 has something about it

Last edited:
Nice studies James particularly like the game thingy #2 rest dont do much but good to study things

Thanks, its hard looking for a good photo opportunity in a small student house when I can't go out due to a thunderstorm.

please read my edit, and woohoo go out and shoot if you have a thunder storm (y)(y)(y)

Ha I would but its seriously hammering it down so don't wanna risk my equipment which is only a week old! Got a sigma 150m f2.8 macro lens turning up tomorrow so I'm gonna focus on the subject I'm arguably best at!

Ha I would but its seriously hammering it down so don't wanna risk my equipment which is only a week old! Got a sigma 150mturning up tomorrow so I'm gonna focus on the subject I'm arguably best at!

woohgop congrats on th new lens siggys are good check out some of mine www.flickr.com/photos/12345580@N07/ you may have to go back a page or 2, lok forwars to seeing more of your shots drop me a pm when you post (y)

Last edited:
Ha I would but its seriously hammering it down so don't wanna risk my equipment which is only a week old! Got a sigma 150m f2.8 macro lens turning up tomorrow so I'm gonna focus on the subject I'm arguably best at!

or 105mm 2.8,macro lens :LOL::LOL: fab lens youll love it, if you need help pm me

The thing for me to learn was focal plane when youve sussed that your on a , might take a while lol lots of experimenting

Last edited:
or 105mm 2.8,macro lens :LOL::LOL: fab lens youll love it, if you need help pm me

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Might drop you a message if I get stuck or have a question regarding the proper use of it. Got a good tripod coming on monday so until then don't expect too much :p

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Might drop you a message if I get stuck or have a question regarding the proper use of it. Got a good tripod coming on monday so until then don't expect too much :p

Focal plain is everything in macro, easy to suss out, makes a mile diff to your images, cant really be taught look through your eye peice and tilt your camera, youll see the DOF coming in

Its butterfly and bug/bees/wasps/insects season now so youll get some good shots (y)

often I use my flash sync settings guaranteed to get the shot

I've just got a wireless flash commander (canon ST-E2) and a yonguo 565 speed light so I should be able to set up some quite creative macro shots, all things willing anyway! We'll see though.

I'll definitely have a play with it tomorrow though and try and fully work out the focal plane when my tripod turns up.

Welcome to TP :wave:

I cannot really add on what Dave has said but I know your struggle of looking round the house for stuff to shoot on a rainy day (y) think about photo projects like water drops etc (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Welcome to TP :wave:

I cannot really add on what Dave has said but I know your struggle of looking round the house for stuff to shoot on a rainy day (y) think about photo projects like water drops etc (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Never been much of a fan of water drop based photos sadly :(

Next time the weather is awful I think I'll try an idea I have on how shadows play out in the house. We'll see though!

Back