Arundel Castle

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
No
I took these on Saturday at Arundel, West Sussex. The weather was excellent and views were very clear for as far as I could see. :)

No.1
2957309767_110fa2fd0f_o.jpg

No.2
2957308919_e6d51ac3e2_o.jpg

No.3 (with 'bending over man' cloned out!) :)
2957308343_3a02361135_o.jpg

Similar but without the foreground boat...
No.4
2957309083_2196be59ac_o.jpg

No.5
2957308767_df3e4cdeb7_o.jpg

I personally like No. 2 most, as when it's larger you can really see the clarity and sharpness. My Sister said it looks more like a painting? Hmmm. Shame the boat wasn't larger in the frame though.

Last edited:
I like the first of the castle, but perhaps without the boat would be better :)

Gary.

Thanks Gary. Interesting that you'd prefer it without the boat, as I have several similar shots without a boat but thought it was better to have something other than water in the foreground. I think maybe if the castle was lit up a little better, the boat may have taken away from it. I'll add one of the others in a minute as a comparison. :)

Last edited:
Nice set, and a photogenic location. Composition-wise, I like #3 the best, although the individual bending over to the right of the frame may benefit from some cloning :LOL:

:LOL: I hadn't even spotted that person! :D

Number 4 is my fav, althoug I like them all.

Its a lovely area to go to, I should make more of an effort to get down there.

These picture bring back fond memories, I had my Queens Scout Award presentation dinner in the barons hall.

Great set, the person bending over made me chuckle, although I didn't see it until marky h had pionted it out!

Number 4 is my fav, althoug I like them all.

Its a lovely area to go to, I should make more of an effort to get down there.

These picture bring back fond memories, I had my Queens Scout Award presentation dinner in the barons hall.

Great set, the person bending over made me chuckle, although I didn't see it until marky h had pionted it out!

Thanks Rob, glad you like them. I don't live too far from there so have been a couple of times. It's where I took some photos of a steam train from last year (that I posted a while ago). It's very nice there, as long as the cows don't run after you as they did to me once. :)

Once my PC has stopped downloading a stupidly large file (1GB!) I'll try and remember to sort out the bending over person and upload the new pic. :D

Looking again at the guy bending over, I think you have a potential to stick this in the spotted a togger thread, is that a camera on a tripod next to him/her?

Looking again at the guy bending over, I think you have a potential to stick this in the spotted a togger thread, is that a camera on a tripod next to him/her?

I just had a look at it full size and yes, it's a tripod. No chance of anyone knowing who's bum it is though. :D

[Edit] Have got rid of him now. :)

Last edited:
Back