As Calm As It Got.

Lovely shot Dale I think its still enough.

Dale I reckon thier still enough for Steve Ilike that one too.

I think these are rather good. The mist/low cloud makes it for me :) Much prefer the first but both good. Tones are great and the reflection is good too, nicely balanced in #1 where central works!

Cheers guys, I just wish I'd gotten some light.

Nice shots Dale, shame the light never appeared, but the glass-like loch makes up for that :)
I agree it could have been a lot worse and you managed some nice shots.

IMG_TF 28  LR CS6 JP forum (1 of 1).jpg Thanks for the comments.

That "horizon" has been playing with my OCD too. I think it is the curve of the shoreline that has caused it. I have though straightened it as much as I can, as well as ticked the lens correction box in LR and it has helped. (y)

Last edited:
Odd, that rework doesn't seem as sharp and it's a little darker too . :thinking:

Maybe because I uploaded it rather than linking.

The shoreline there can play havoc with the eyes because of the way it curves away, and knowing the place like I do it's just 'one of those things' lol :)

It is just a thing there. Focus on the castle and it's uprights.

I tend to shoot from one specific spot that seems to hide the horizon leading out.

If you shoot near the reeds it can be a problem- heading left works

The more 50/50 shots work better for me here Dale. I quite like the stream/waterfall on the hillside in the first actually as a little detail.

Cheers Steve, Craig. (y)

9 times out of 10, I will put the horizon, shoreline, point of interest etc on a third. The more I learn about this location though, I'm coming to realise that 50/50 seems to work better and I prefer those ones here too. I'm also finding ways to compose now to hide those pesky pylons. :)

Nice shot dale with a good reflection

Back