As long as the customers like them..... Discuss

Having only done one shoot in any sort of client/photographer capacity I feel as though aiming to just satisfy the client would definitely lead to a lower standard of images 99% of the time.

I photographed a wedding this weekend and personally I am quite unhappy with a lot of the shots (some down to technical issues, some just simply my own mistakes) but having shown them to non-photographers they think they are great! I've managed to rescue a lot of them with various bits of PP, and there are some that I feel were good to start with but as a whole I very much feel that I should have done better.

Now obviously I'm happy that the end product is going to please the client (relieved might be the right word actually) but I am still quite disappointed in myself and will aim to never make those mistakes again.

A good example would be that if any aspiring photographer listened fully to the praise of friends and family they would turn pro after a week, and would then be wondering why nobody was paying £1,000,000 for each of their prints!!

Whenever I've posted images online to sites like this I'm much more interested in the negative feedback as it's the only way to learn!

Last edited:
Having only done one shoot in any sort of client/photographer capacity I feel as though aiming to just satisfy the client would definitely lead to a lower standard of images 99% of the time.

I photographed a wedding this weekend and personally I am quite unhappy with a lot of the shots (some down to technical issues, some just simply my own mistakes) but having shown them to non-photographers they think they are great! I've managed to rescue a lot of them with various bits of PP, and there are some that I feel were good to start with but as a whole I very much feel that I should have done better.

Now obviously I'm happy that the end product is going to please the client (relieved might be the right word actually) but I am still quite disappointed in myself and will aim to never make those mistakes again.

A good example would be that if any aspiring photographer listened fully to the praise of friends and family they would turn pro after a week, and would then be wondering why nobody was paying £1,000,000 for each of their prints!!

Whenever I've posted images online to sites like this I'm much more interested in the negative feedback as it's the only way to learn!

100% this. I posted a couple of maternity shots last night and although I was pleased with them, a few simple suggestions from others was great. Straighten this, dodge that etc.

Back