As Staithes Sleeps

Name
Les
Edit My Images
No
Not post anything for a while busy busy but here is one from a few weeks ago shot as the sunrise hit the fishing village of Staithes North Yorkshire, the title well most of the cottages are holiday lets and 2nd homes so at 5.30 am the tourists would be fast a sleep while the togs work

Cheers for looking, LesF

Staithes-8984.jpg

Very nice, captured the 'sleepyness' very well.

Technically its very good as well, I might consider cloning out the bottom left corner where the wall has crept in, but I know nothing :)

I'd personally prefer a wider angle to take in more of the village and the way the river winds through and down to the sea. It's nice, just not grabbing me by the short n curlies.

The trouble is, Staithes has been done to death and I think there's so many shots to compare this too. Every time I go there I end up tripping over photographers with DSLR's and Gitzo's shoved up every orifice!

Where did you shoot this from? The best 'wide views' (if that's what you are after) are to be had from the end of Cowbar Nab.

Cheers people for looking and commenting, know there is better than this but if you don,t try you will never improve so to me wider has been done many times, deliberately did not want to include the bridge and this is from Cowbar

Cheers All

LesF

yes Les its been done before but its a nice photo and is different from the normal ones as you have gone to the trouble of being there at a time when most of us are in bed, hence the different light, I have taken Staithes photos but this is better than my efforts! Everytime I go there its crap light!

yes it been done to death but i lke this one a LOT
little more of the house may have made it even better but we will never know

Back