As the crow flies

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this is really good enough to share but I just liked the way I caught the crows' wing tip feathers.

crows.jpg

Nice ... especially with the onlooker on the aerial Steep ! Like it a lot.

Not sure about the left side twigs, though is a very minor detail ... imo !

Great silhouette ... and au contraire m8 ... a very good one to share so - TFS.

I could easily clone out the branches, the tree is about 10mtrs away and the chimney about 100-150 so no chance of getting them all in focus.

Thanks for the support Venonmintor :)

oh and p.s. they are on the right ;)

Steep said:
I could easily clone out the branches, the tree is about 10mtrs away and the chimney about 100-150 so no chance of getting them all in focus.

Hmm ... then again the space may be too empty without ? I expect views will go either way anyway !

Again ... good shot Steep.

I really like this too. If you crop to 3:2 and clone out the branches then the aerial will be on a horizontal third, the crow in flight on a vertical third with space for him to fly into.

Rough and ready version of what I said

steep---crows%231.jpg

Yep, looks good :) My shot is a heavy crop from the original image so there's loads of room to play with it.

I think this is a great silhouette shot, much better without the branches in the way too :)

I like that Steep - really unusual effect there. Is the sky colour for real?

Nice. I like silhouettes and this is a novel twist on the theme! Looks better 'sans twigs' too.

Only issue I can see is sharpening artefacts around the objects, or maybe it's a result of the crop?

GWF!

Really good shot, guess some worms had it looking at the diving crow.
You definately improved it with the second post. I can see some slight artifacts - not sure if thats sharpening or likely just the effect of reduction for the web.

Great silhouette:thumb:

A cracking shot whichever way you look ata it. But...as said...I noticed the halos in Mark's image too.

regards

CT it's very close to the real colour, in fact it was the colour that attracted my attention in the first place. Sunset was about 10 minutes away and most of the sky was full of snow clouds.

The halo probably does come from sharpening, there's also some corona effect on the crows leading edge.

Here's another attempt

crows3.jpg

Really like the composition (prefer the original) but I'm not to struck on the sky colour , looks polluted to me :). I had a fiddle with the colour balance to give a bluey/white sky & it worked better for me :)

great photo steep, can i just ask, where were you when you took it, as the tv arial is flat as opposed to looking up at it, dont tell me you were omn the roof.
TFS

Upstairs in my house Boon, about 200 mtrs away from the house with the aerial (which btw I installed a good few years ago in my past life :) ) The image was taken on my Rebel with the Sigma zoom at 300mm.

LOL duplicate posts deleted by CT.

wtf????? I only clicked once honest guv!!

I UNDERSTOOD YOU THE FIRST TIME, God Damn It ;)

J/k BTW:thumb:

stepheno said:
But...as said...I noticed the halos in Mark's image too.
The original image was only 35k so there wasnt much to work with and as I said, it was a 'rough and ready' to give the idea :p ;)

Steep, Your second attempt is good but I prefer it with more of the chimney visible which then also gives more of a gradient in the sky. IMO only of course.
Mark

Thanks m8, the reason I cut the chimney is the very blurred telephone line that crosses the bottom of the 1st picture, although it looks more like a line of faint cloud unless you know what it is.

Great shot....can't believe you questioned yourself on it in 1st place ;)

Back