AshaTographie TP filmie meet October

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
Unexpectedly I’m going to be returning to the UK next month so here I am again attenpting to get some of my good friends and any other filmie togs to meet up darn sarf.

I’ll be in Sussex again staying this time in Seaford.
As for a location, somewhere fairly local though @StephenM has offered to taxi me and travel a short distance if you guys have ideas for togging, ease of access and of course parking.
Tea rooms an advantage for me,
Pub obligatory for you lot!lol

Date,well naturally weekends fall best for most folk so 12th or 13th October depending which day is most favorable.
So who’s interested and maybe got some ideas?

Quite close to Seaford is Exceat. The tea rooms there used to be good, but slow service - we haven't been there for a long time. One direction takes you through the woods, another across the road and down to Cuckmere Haven.

Alfriston - can be tricky parking; narrow street but picturesque. Good second hand book shop, usually has interesting photographic books - I find it expensive to visit.

Seaford - again some scenic parts of the old town; and the Crypt Gallery worth a look for the building (inside - it's a plain facade outdoors).

Newhaven - port and old fort.

Further east - Pevensey. Roman fort, old town, interesting buildings. It's been many years since we were there, but the tea rooms were good then.

Lewes - many old streets and interesting parts. Nature reserve on the old railway land, worth walking round. Mathematical tiles. Can't think of any tea rooms we'd recommend, though there are a lot (usually limited choices) including in Waterstones.

Possibly more to add after my next tea break...

Sunny weather and I'll come if I can get a back wheel for the motorbike (still nothing on the bay).
Anyway at the last resort can get it re-spoked for £94 and might go for that as I was so disappointed last time as I drove 40 miles for a complete wheel for £25 just to find my brake assembly wouldn't fit in properly....stupid Honda as they changed the wheel slightly so a 1985 250cmx wheel won't fit a 1999 250 cmx bike. :mad:

Sunny weather and I'll come if I can get a back wheel for the motorbike (still nothing on the bay).
Anyway at the last resort can get it re-spoked for £94 and might go for that as I was so disappointed last time as I drove 40 miles for a complete wheel for £25 just to find my brake assembly wouldn't fit in properly....stupid Honda as they changed the wheel slightly so a 1985 250cmx wheel won't fit a 1999 250 cmx bike. :mad:

Just do it Bri, life’s too short to faff about and if you save a quid you’re only gunna leave it here!!
Get the darned thing respoked and come see me for a few hours.
Look forward to meeting up again in a few weeks time ;)

If a re-spoked wheel solves your problem for £94.00, I would that that route as a OEM/used rear wheel will cost over £120.00 plus shipping.

A used rear wheel of unknown history may be cheaper,but, there is a risk that it will not perform as it should and you will be back to square one.

Go for the re-spoke and be happy.

Sorry chap, not around then I'm afraid. Would have otherwise, as it's not that far from us.

In terms of places to go, Birling Gap isn't too far from Seaford. Provided the stairs are operational - they got damaged a good while back and I've no idea if they've been repaired - you can get down to beach level.

Last edited:
If a re-spoked wheel solves your problem for £94.00, I would that that route as a OEM/used rear wheel will cost over £120.00 plus shipping.

A used rear wheel of unknown history may be cheaper,but, there is a risk that it will not perform as it should and you will be back to square one.

Go for the re-spoke and be happy.

All of you guys wouldn't fart about and would have got the wheel respoked but as I have time on my hands thought I'd be clever and save money and as it turned out was a disaster :banghead: in that I received a wheel complete with tyre from ebay advertised it would fit a 1999 Honda 250 cmx for £70...WTF and it didn't, so sent it back for refund, then travel 40 miles for another for £25 (complete with tyre) and that didn't fit either and I've missed motorcycling in that lovely hot weather :mad:
Anyway for guys who might have a spoke problem on their motorcycle (maybe cars too) and live in the London area the place is in Epping which is about 30 miles from me and says he can't do it while you wait o_O well unless I can persuade them to pick their own chosen time as I'd rather travel and wait and maybe take some photos in Epping forest..... than the bother of posting.

A quick bump of this thread in case anyone may be interested in meeting.

Tbh the weekend is potentially planned out depending on opening of a windmill on the Sunday ( dammit I've forgotten wat it's called ...I'll find out and update the posting!)

The saturday as it is atm I will be in Brighton to view a chocolate festival but if folk wish to drop down that day then I'll ensure that I have LF kit and take ime to shoot a frame or several.

The rest of my week in sussex 10th -15th) is provisionally planned out with locations to visit/ photograph( depending on a number of factors inc my health) but folk are welcome to join in should they wish.

Polegate, like "polecat" but different.

The saturday as it is atm I will be in Brighton to view a chocolate festival but if folk wish to drop down that day then I'll ensure that I have LF kit and take ime to shoot a frame or several.

Chocolate festival?!

Google "Brighton argus chocolate" and you should get the details.

Agreed; but someone has to live here...

Asha, I’m still waiting to find out about work next week but will be there if I can.

Back