Ashness jetty today

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is a shot I took at Ashness jetty after a dissapointing start to the morning forecast was for 3mph wind and breaks in the cloud. I drove past Buttermere (blanket cloud and choppy water) and went over Honister and then some colour apeared in the sky.
I stopped at a couple of spots on the shore of Derwent water and I got this. The water was choppy again so I took a long expsoure.

Ashness jetty sunshine by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Last edited:
Its a real bummer when you head out on a day with a still forecast and the water is choppy. It's happened to me too often to mention. It's as good as it can be given the conditions but this is a scene that really does need the reflections.

I really like that Alf - lovely light on the hills and from my perspective the movement in the clouds and water adds to the dynamism of the scene :)

Edit: it'd also be lovely with still water and reflections, but it'd have a completely different dynamic

Last edited:
Its a real bummer when you head out on a day with a still forecast and the water is choppy. It's happened to me too often to mention. It's as good as it can be given the conditions but this is a scene that really does need the reflections.

Thanks Steve

I really like that Alf - lovely light on the hills and from my perspective the movement in the clouds and water adds to the dynamism of the scene :)

Edit: it'd also be lovely with still water and reflections, but it'd have a completely different dynamic

Thanks Si

I think it looks pretty darn good Alf. :)

Thanks Toni

Always touch and go at this location, but this is a good one.

Thanks Mal
Its the first time I have had some decent light when here though it only lasted a few minutes

Back