Asking me for userid/password?

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
When I try to view some threads, I'm getting a popup asking me for a userid/password ...

Enter username and password for "the site your viewing is trying to show images hosted at www.talkphotography.co.uk" at http://www.tpfgallery.com

I put my normal forum userid/password in, but it does not accept it. Any reasons why?

Marcel, what've you done now :(

LOL
I've had this a coupla times too. :cautious:

if you pm me the threads in question i will change the image links. We had to take action as the gallery images(hosted and paid for by talkphotography)were being used without permission, leeching our bandwidth. The occasional picture is one thing, but the volume of pictures in question is quite another.

As i say, if there is a link that you want corrected, PM me!

Aye, pin this one on matty :p
I'm gettin off scot free this time :LOL:

If anyone sees it popup, it means it's trying to load an image from the old gallery. Just click cancel and then hit RTM on any of the posts in that thread, and we'll sort the thread out for you :) Cos we're nice like that (y)

matty said:
We had to take action as the gallery images(hosted and paid for by talkphotography)were being used without permission, leeching our bandwidth. The occasional picture is one thing, but the volume of pictures in question is quite another.

As i say, if there is a link that you want corrected, PM me!

That's a bit worrying?

It wasn't a certain 'other' photography forum was it?

Gandhi said:
That's a bit worrying?

It wasn't a certain 'other' photography forum was it?

couldnt possibly comment.

I was pointed to this thread, so thought I had better clear things up & keep our Gentelmens agreement. The only reason the "other" site uses any bandwidth is due to Members existing threads with TPFGallery photos included. Only when someone views these threads will any load be put on TPFGallery.

To keep things simple & clean we advise Matty & Co to block hotlinking to a specific site. That will cure your problem. Hope that helps :)

Cheers

hi Dave, we did that, but it wouldnt work through gallery2 as its pants, lol, so we had to do it the other way

I sent you an email regarding some stuff Dave, have you got it and sorted it?

Back