assault rifle grip/mount for long lens ?

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
hi im a semi disabled photographer, one hand and use a wheelchair outdoors.

ive had some good success using long lenses on a tripod but im looking for options for hand holding so i can cover more ground quicker. i haaaate tripods, always have.

it would obviously need some sort of trigger/cable release,

ive seen pictures of stuff like this so im hoping they still exist, possibly just a thing some small companies did in the 80's hough.

ive moved from a canon 1d mk3 and 400mm to fuji xt1 and the 100-400mm, so not a massive weight.

a pistol grip with trigger could work but i haven't seen any, too many ebay sellers swamping the searches with junk for go pro's

surely someone somewhere can help me!

Hi Adam

Is this the sort of rifle stock your looking for this has a 40d and ef 400f5.6 on it
Rob.

.lensmaster-1a.jpg

Hi Adam

Is this the sort of rifle stock your looking for this has a 40d and ef 400f5.6 on it
Rob.

.View attachment 107473

If one of these is of any use to you I have one going spare.
I removed the cable release as I could not get it to work and was going to try and fit a "modern" release but never got round to it, so it has no trigger guard or release.
If it is any use you can have it for the price of the postage ( assuming you are in the UK).

Let me know if you are interested.

They went out of business a couple years ago...

Ah I didn't know that. I found that they needed to be modified to get the best out of them. I have tried three or four different types of support and none of them worked for me straight out of the box.

I quite like this but I notice that he's a left eye shooter and it seems to fit him well. I found hat with a bush hawk and a couple of others the camera needed to be offset for a comfortable neck angle.
The offset angle is adjustable by rotating the stock's mounting clamp (Back off the set screw and loosen the mounting screw. Set the angle, retighten the mounting screw and lock in place with the set screw).

The offset angle is adjustable by rotating the stock's mounting clamp (Back off the set screw and loosen the mounting screw. Set the angle, retighten the mounting screw and lock in place with the set screw).

That's a better design than the bush hawk then. I had to machine one to get it to fit better. Don't use it now, only tried it coz it was dirt cheap and then decided that for me I was trying to solve a problem that I never actually had.

If one of these is of any use to you I have one going spare.
I removed the cable release as I could not get it to work and was going to try and fit a "modern" release but never got round to it, so it has no trigger guard or release.
If it is any use you can have it for the price of the postage ( assuming you are in the UK).

Let me know if you are interested.

Yes mate that should be fantastic, worth a shot at the very least!, thanks so much.

Is it possible to fit a mount to your wheelchair -- obviously depends on design of wheelchair -- maybe the sort of thing used for shooting from vehicles. I've seen something like that used for shooting rifles from a wheelchair.

I'll suggest a Monopod stuck in a crutch tip. FWIW.
Rink

Back