Assynt

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Haven't posted in a long long time, apologies.
But I have been taking lots of photographs so though I'd share a few, apologies again. :)
Spent the New Year in a lovely cottage in the Assynt area. This was only my second visit to this area so was much better informed when it came to reading the conditions and locations.
Here's some of the pictures taken over that period.

Suilven.

Suilven by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Cul Mor.

Cul Mor.JPG

Loch Lurgainn looking over to Ben Mor Coigach.

Assynt by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Some Stac Pollaidh's.

An Stac. Happy New Year! by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Stac square.JPG

Stac dark.JPG

Couldn't go to Assynt and not take a picture of that wee bothy in Elphin.

Elphin bothy.JPG

And lastly, some waves at Clashnessie.

Clashnessie by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

I've got quite a few shots but won't bore you with anymore.
Thanks for looking and any comments welcomed.

I think the Ranoch set is stronger but these are still pretty epic!!

lovely shots scott thats where i go every year for my trout fishing
did you do hill walking or car ?

Rather nice :) Thanks for posting. A lot of good images there, Scott.

Beautiful beautiful set of images.

Really lovely set.

Only one I'd dare crit would be the second image of An Stac, Where the light on the boulder on the RHS breaks up the natural flow of the image and draws he eye to that side instead of being pointed at the mountain in the distance by the other boulders.

Stunning Scott, all lovely and some light to die for, but 5 and 7 for me are the stand out images.

Wow, another great set of images. I particularly like 1 & 5 but just edging them to the top for me is No 7, the bothy. I love the light in this one and the overall effect. This would look great hanging on a wall.

Just had a quick Google of the area and it looks stunning with lots of options for seascapes, landscapes and water. I've never been further north than Skye and Inverness before but will have to add Assynt to my list of places to visit next time that I plan a visit Skye way. Cheers.

Superb set, first is special.

Another good set there Scott and a beautiful place to be. Please keep them coming as they aren't boring me..

Wow (again). I used all my superlatives on your last post so I'll just say that #1 is my favourite of this top notch set of images. The conditions looked just perfect for you.

A lovely set, the 1st and last are my favourites if I had to choose.

Thanks guys, appreciate your kind comments. Some liking different pictures for different reasons so pleased there's something in that lot for folks to like.

did you do hill walking or car ?
A bit of both. Prefer to be out in the hills as it's where my photography started through hillwalking.

Just had a quick Google of the area and it looks stunning with lots of options for seascapes, landscapes and water. I've never been further north than Skye and Inverness before but will have to add Assynt to my list of places to visit next time that I plan a visit Skye way. Cheers.

That whole part of the north is pretty special. If you get the chance to go you really must. A landscapers dream if the conditions play ball.
Off to Torridon next week for a weeks photography. Hoping for snow in the hills. :)

First two and last one for me. Perhaps the foreground rock is a little large in some of the others, although the choice of perspective was yours to make as you were the one all the way up there!

I would really like to try my hand at landscape photography and this is certainly inspiring me, a stunning set.

Back