Aston Martin Day - Silverstone

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, went to Silverstone with JoeT today to watch a load of old DB's go round the short circuit ;)

Heres a few from today

The namesh Bond, Jamesh Bond :)
0602-134248-01.jpg

0602-134952-01.jpg

0602-133906-01.jpg

0602-141539-01-01.jpg

0602-141645-01-01.jpg

0602-141943-01.jpg

I can see straight away what your problem is with that last shot.

It's because you are in fact a rubbish photographer. Give the camera to someone else and take up knitting. :p

The 600mm f4 you have will find a better home with a master tog so best send it over to me. ;)

The second shot works well for me...I like the reflections in the bonnet. Now, the 5th shot with car number 3, nice pic, but in case you hadn't noticed, you've chopped off the back of the car :D

As for the special one that you posted just for me...well, I can see the potential there.... You have demonstrated that you can frame a shot well, but I think you may have overdone it a tad with the motion blur. :LOL:

Very nice Ian I certainy have learned a lot from those shots :D

For the love of god, please clean your sensor... i hear Janice offers a quick service if you ask her nicely.

Otherwise I really like the static shots, but the panning shots need to either have the full car and space in view, or, be much tighter crops... imo.

Now, the 5th shot with car number 3, nice pic, but in case you hadn't noticed, you've chopped off the back of the car :D

Hehehe yeah i know, i think i have one of the same car with the whole car in view, and space around it too, i just liked that one, even though it broke the rules and trimmed its bum off lol

As for the special one that you posted just for me...well, I can see the potential there.... You have demonstrated that you can frame a shot well, but I think you may have overdone it a tad with the motion blur. :LOL:

Hmmm thought i may have overdone the motion blur ;)

Hi Ian

Glad you had a good day. :)

And yes that very last one is absolute s**t! Well someone had to say it! :p

Onto some critique:

1. Youve managed much better than me with this subject as regards reflections, but I think the car would look better towards the bottom of the frame. Maybe learn how to change the focus point on that 30d of yours! :p

2. Looks ok, but a lower angle would help emphasize the gun a bit more.

3. Not bad, but I think I would like to see either more or less of the car. Its sort of stuck in no-mans land in the middle.

4. Dont cut the car off!

5. Nice and sharp for 1/125th but the horizon is a bit off!

6. Possibly the best of the set. 1/125th with a car coming towards you like is very difficult! The only improvement I would make is put the car slightly lower in the frame.

I take it none of these are cropped at all?

Good stuff tho mate. :)

thanks Glo :) im never that far from Silverstone when im at home, its only 15 mins tops :)

Im so rusty with msport i think i need to go to more this year and get my hand back in, have loads more shots to go through but they are on my main pc, which is having a bit of a brain fart at the moment and keeps losing its hard drives, think its the heat upsetting the drive controller.

#6 is damn near perfect for me :)

Back