at least 30 dead in france

#ignorethebigots

I blame those wielding pitchforks and flaming torches from the safety of the space behind their sofas.

People are f*****g dying and you are still playing stupid regressive left name calling games?! How dare you. You have their blood on your twisted mind.

People are f*****g dying and you are still playing stupid regressive left name calling games?! How dare you. You have their blood on your twisted mind.

No, I really don't.
It must be debilitating to live your life in such fear.
Professional help is available.

No, I really don't.
It must be debilitating to live your life in such fear.
Professional help is available.

Or a tin hat in his case :)

There's no telling what 'stupid regressive left name calling' people will do.

Can somebody explain to me what place a Monty Python sketch has in a thread discussing the brutal murder of 84 people?
None at all Bob.

So Lahouaiej-Bouhlel the father of the killer has hardly had any contact with his son since he left for France. And Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel (the Tunisian born and suspected terrorist) has three children with his French wife, so he's been there a while I would guess. Yet his father know him so well that he had no links to religion, that his son didn't pray, that he drank and used drugs. I find that always amazing that someone doesn't have contact yet knows them so well to know what weren't the reasons. Similarly in the terrible Orlando shootings. I guess it is part of the grieving process, or journalists filling in the blanks, or lost in translation. Anyway good to hear that yet again this had nothing to do with religion.

Can somebody explain to me what place a Monty Python sketch has in a thread discussing the brutal murder of 84 people?
Thread drift happens. Nothing anybody here says or does, writes or cries about will change anything that has happened.

The Python sketch was also a sardonic pointer that all religions have history. The Inquisition is a part of the Christian dark history no less repressive and violent.

If you can't see that it does link to the thread then read up on it. The inquisition was a Vatican edict and used in France and Portugal too.

While on the theme, pop into the partition of India in 1948 with the creation of West and East Pakistan (now Pakistan and Bangladesh) as new Islamic countries....

Now how about Tibet.....

Inter-faith conflict and targetting of 'non-believers' is nothing new and is not the preserve of any one 'faith'

Intra-faith conflict within Islam also stands study and is alive and well in the UK too. (Bradford shopkeeper murder)

I have left Germany and Judaism off the list - that stands out on it's own but........ the Nazis used trucks to slaughter innocents too.

Hope that helps to balance my pointing to the Inquisition.

I also hope you realise my purpose was to prompt people to think and not laugh. In Christian terms - have a drift through Dave Allen.

It's about context.

Steve

Thread drift happens. Nothing anybody here says or does, writes or cries about will change anything that has happened.

The Python sketch was also a sardonic pointer that all religions have history. The Inquisition is a part of the Christian dark history no less repressive and violent.

No it won't change anything, Steve, but I think that a Wikipedia link would be a more respectable way to educate people in the immediate aftermath of an atrocity.

Bob

No it won't change anything, Steve, but I think that a Wikipedia link would be a more respectable way to educate people in the immediate aftermath of an atrocity.

Bob
I respect your thought but we all choose different ways to make a point.

For me, though I am travelling in Ireland currently, I am ashamed by the anti-muslim rhetoric seen in so many places in the UK and here in Ireland too, on TP and other forums and in the press.

What happened in Nice was disgusting and, until we know for sure, the motivations and full background of the driver (lone wolf or cell member) the pointer becomes his 'faith'.

As we, as a group, are going to continue the discussion, I will not fall into the nodding dog format of the "I am outraged", "disgusted", "me too" etc. If it requires a more intrusive type of comment then that is also a valid means of debate.

Wikipaedia is not a fact based resource. It is created by individuals. I have never depended on single source "facts" - the lazy do that. I also will use shock tactics to wake up an audience AND I stand ready to defend my means of transferring ideas and information. I do not speculate as many feel the need to do. The Spanish titling is not quite the correct version. As the Inquisition was used in many parts of Europe it was titled 'The Inquisition' as was the techniques employed.

Years ago the Metropolitan Police used a photo of a white uniformed Police Officer chasing a young black man in a crowded London street, it was a recruitment poster. The question posed was "What do you see?"

The actual picture was of a plain clothed Detective Constable chasing a suspect assisted by the uniformed PC.

There are so many ways to make a point.

I appreciate your intervention in challenging and long may that conversation continue, so thank you for that.

Steve

Last edited:
Wow, just wow.

So many people dead and just wow.

my thoughts and prayers with the affected.

Back