Beginner At the lake

Name
caitlin
Edit My Images
No
I decided to take my camera to Hollingsworth Lake whilst walking the dog and the sun was just setting, nobody was around it was so peaceful! I snapped a few photos and I really liked the effect that these two give! I would love some feedback, if they are awful etc hahaha! And to find out which one is better in your eyes.IMG_1194.jpg IMG_1210.jpg

I went there at the weekend with the kids! Number one works well - it has an abstract quality to it and I think the blue'er tones of the 2nd suggest a colder time of month . Both nice.

I do like the first shot very much Caitlin.(y)

Hi Caitlin. How's the photography coming on? I remember you were aiming to do more portraiture?

I really like the idea for 1 and the framing. I reckon if you could get just a bit more colour in the sky and a still evening so the water is calm, it would be a magic composition (y) It definitely has promise as an idea...

Hi Caitlin. How's the photography coming on? I remember you were aiming to do more portraiture?

I really like the idea for 1 and the framing. I reckon if you could get just a bit more colour in the sky and a still evening so the water is calm, it would be a magic composition (y) It definitely has promise as an idea...

Hi Paul!
Thanks for asking, seems to be coming on. Well I feel like it is anyhow! I'm exploring my options and just enjoying being with my camera I've also had the chance to take lots of portrait styled photos as being a blogger means there is always a tonne of fashion bloggers wanting photos doing so I offer to do them to gain experiance! They usually just put on an outfit, I snap the photos and they upload them to their blog! It gives me the opportunity to work on my skills and gives them something too!

For some reason it seems to be showing abit out of colour to what it's showing when I open it on my laptop which is strange! I'd have liked some more colour in the sky that's for sure! I didn't plan for the image or expect it to turn out like such but looking at the images I took, I'm so glad it did!

I went there at the weekend with the kids! Number one works well - it has an abstract quality to it and I think the blue'er tones of the 2nd suggest a colder time of month . Both nice.
I've only ever been once before and I live about 10 minutes from the place! Need to take more opportunities to go, good job I just got a puppy hahaha! I'll be going much more often! If your ever around the area of Nordon then check out Greenbooth reservoir! They will love it there and it's so photogenic and lovely! It's a huge place and the history of it fascinates me. It's called the town underwater. There is literally a town under the water haha it flooded over a long long time ago and it's all still there but it's now a resivour. That is so fascinating to me lol, perhaps just me!

Back