At up to 1000 years old, it's entitled to look a bit scruffy...

Name
Neil McLeland
Edit My Images
Yes
Bocairent that is, a medieval town nearby with houses clinging onto rock and to each other and cave houses below.

bocairent1.jpg

bocairent2.jpg

bocairent3.jpg

bocairent4.jpg

bocairent5.jpg

bocairent6.jpg

Numbers 1 & 6 taken on a normal sunny, sadly the rest while seriously overcast:(

C&C most welcome...

Cheers,(y)

Neil

Excelent set Neil, bags of character :) and some cracking shots.

I traveled around Spain a bit in my youth, and was allways amazed to see the little old ladys dragging their shopping up those narrow winding paths.

No good asking them if they needed help though, fiercly independent.

Brought back some nice memories :)

Thanks Ant, you're right about the Spanish people - they can't be more independent, but so keen to be helpful to others. If you are able to do them a favour - they seem to have to do at least two favours back! Or, that's how we find it around here anyway :D

Glad to prod some memories back for you.

Neil

Neil,

Lovely set. I think I will be in the north of spain in a month or so. Plenty to see and do for me and my missus? Any photo ops? I was thinking of heading to San Sebastian.

Gary.

Neil,

Lovely set. I think I will be in the north of spain in a month or so. Plenty to see and do for me and my missus? Any photo ops? I was thinking of heading to San Sebastian.

Gary.

Gary, I'm certain that you will be spoiled for choice for photo ops! The San Sebastian area is very pretty but detailed locations are a bit beyond my (local) knowledge. I passed through there a couple of years ago on a TVR tour of Spain but didn't have much time to stop and look around - too busy keeping up with everyone else :eek:.

You'll have a great time I'm sure and I look forward to seeing your results ;)

Neil

Lovely set of shots Neil. I have also found the Spanish to be very independent, But if you can speak a little Spanish and ask them a question in their own language. They will do anything to help.
Next time I am on the Costa Del Sol, I want to go to the Alhambra, seen it on TV but never visited it yet. Where abouts in Spain are you, the Valencia region is very large area.

Where abouts in Spain are you, the Valencia region is very large area.

Thank you, we are in a very small village called Montichelvo, which is 20kms inland from the coastal town of Gandia. Originally a Moorish settlement Montichelvo is approximately an hour south of Valencia and an hour and a half north of Alicante.

As you say the Valencia region is a very large area, containing 3 Provinces - Castellon, Valencia and Alicante. We are within the province of Valencia.

Neil

These really appeal to me! A great set and well composed shots the lot of them.(y)

Excellent set Neil. Reminds me of bits of Andalucia as well. Once you escape from the big name cities, there's loads of lovely villages with old buildings and traditional Spanish values. I prefer #2, it's a great detail which lives in its own right. Well done.

Nice photos, esp #3.

But have to dsay that #1 doesnt look that old, the arch looks kidna new :confused:

These really appeal to me! A great set and well composed shots the lot of them.(y)

Thank you, there is so much to photograph there its just point and shoot with a bit of forethought ;)

Excellent set Neil. Reminds me of bits of Andalucia as well. Once you escape from the big name cities, there's loads of lovely villages with old buildings and traditional Spanish values. I prefer #2, it's a great detail which lives in its own right. Well done.

Thanks Russell, I think there is a curious blend between the old font and the very recent tap! There is just so much to see in terms of old buildings and traditional Spanish values. A history that is so in your face as opposed to just being in old history books.

Nice photos, esp #3.

But have to dsay that #1 doesnt look that old, the arch looks kidna new :confused:

Thank you, you're right in that the arch doesn't look that old - BUT here in Spain there is not the same regard towards conservation (unfortunately) so it is quite likely that the original arch has been re-skinned to modernise it :eek:. The fact that the arch is there means that it is likely to be old/original because the Spanish generally do not go down the route of recreating the past, much more likely to be modernised or even done away with :(

Thanks again for your replies,

Neil

you need to see if you can sort the cyan fringe on the arch in #1 and some of the others could do with brightening up and adding a bit of vibrance imho

however if you're happy with them then all is good :)

you need to see if you can sort the cyan fringe on the arch in #1 and some of the others could do with brightening up and adding a bit of vibrance imho

however if you're happy with them then all is good :)

Thanks for that, would it be possible for you to demonstrate this so I can see what you mean?

Neil

Back