Attempts from this weekend

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally purchased a CPL filter. Went for a walk up Pots & Pans a war memorial over looking Saddleworth to have a play on Saturday.
The following are what I feel are my best efforts. Comments on what I am doing right or wrong welcome.

8449175880_18fc90e4f8_c.jpg

8449176184_2da9235d04_c.jpg

8448090751_180bb3a2e5_c.jpg

8448091151_89bd350221_c.jpg

8449173866_89dcf8308d_c.jpg

8449172702_013b4623e2_c.jpg

Thanks
Paul

1. Masterful, I think you've had more than a CPL to get that one....
2. A nice strong composition
3. Exposure and PP all fine, but its a poor composition
4. I like and its a nice lead in line up to the building.
5. Its a pic of a tree, it hasn't got the class of 1,2,4
6. Excellent

Very nice Paul!

#1 is the pick of the bunch (they are all good in their own rights) and the only thing I'd do is work on that intrusive lens flare. Either careful cloning or take out the colour in it.

Good stuff sir.

Thanks for the comments guy's, it brightened my day to see the images had been well received.
To elaborate on the points raised :-
1, I only had the filter on the camera. In PP I brought the exposure up by 3 stops in the foreground. At first I didn't find the lens flare to distracting but looking at it again I am having second thought so may have a mess.
2, Not much to add...
3, When I was taking this I was more interested in playing with the filter and the effect on the clouds.
4, Again thanks for your comment.
5, First shot of the day, only thing I kept this image for was the sharpness
of the tree. I see lots of images and think its just a "whatever" and question my self am I missing the point. This is one of the reasons I am seeking other people's opinion.
6, Very very rare shot, a sunset over Manchester !

Thanks again for the comments, it has given me the urge to get out again this weekend. I have been messing with my camera for a couple of years now and never really had the bottle to post much.
Cheers
Paul

Back